Wallaby are a Victorian-based company that aim to replace plastic and get more people drinking spring water from a can.
If you want to join the team on their mission, they're looking to hire a Melbourne sales rep.
Job Description: Sales Representative
Wallaby aims to play a role in Australia's transformation to a circular economy by encouraging greater resource recovery and waste avoidance. We do this by using 100% and infinitely recyclable aluminium cans and bottles to replace problematic plastics.
Do you love socialising and building meaningful relations with new people? Are you passionate about doing things differently? Does plastic waste keep you up at night?
If you answer yes to these questions; we want to hear from you!
Wallaby is looking for a field sales representative to strengthen our business growth in Melbourne. Join us on our journey to eliminate problematic plastic bottles
Main Street Beverage Company, the manufacturer of Wallaby Spring Water, Australia's leading provider of aluminium packaged water, is looking for a field sales rep to extend our business growth in Melbourne.
This exciting role with an independent beverage startup will see you work closely with some of Victoria's best independent retailers, focusing on the health food, greengrocer and speciality retail and foodservice channels.
The role includes:
- Conducting in-store visits to maintain and grow relations with our existing accounts (weekly, bi-weekly and monthly call cycles).
- Managing hand-off and customer support, together with our local distribution partners for successful customer onboarding.
- Gathering field data about competitor pricing, products and markets.
- Pitching new products and educating our current and future accounts.
- Documenting and researching opportunities for in-store product merchandising opportunities.
- Working closely and collaboratively with our founder to craft and execute promotional campaigns and sales strategies.
Ideally, you currently or have previously worked in a sales rep role in the beverage or grocery channel. We prefer our sales reps to live in, or close to the area, they will work in. The successful candidate will cover up to 50km from the centre of Melbourne, with occasional regional location visits.
The successful candidate will:
- Share our views and passion for sustainability and doing good better.
- Have proven experience in retail field sales.
- Capable of forming genuine and lasting relationships with our customers.
- Independently able to establish new business and close deals.
- Be happy working autonomously, and a day predominately spent on the road.
- Have your own vehicle and a full Victorian drivers license.
- Have keen knowledge of Apple laptops and phones, Google Apps, and modern web-based platforms.
- Have the drive, motivation and energy to represent our brand and work with our partners to help grow their business.
- Want to grow their career with a market first supplier and innovator.
- Believe that nothing is impossible, and seek continual learning.
Remuneration is for a casual role, starting with two days per week, plus company laptop, phone, and car allowance. You will also be offered monthly incentives that allow you to achieve significant bonuses for outstanding over and above performance.
If you think this is a role for you, please send us your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you want to work with Wallaby.
In the cover letter, please detail what moment in your career to date you are most proud of, and what brands you have represented that you are passionate about!
Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Close of application date is September 24, 2020.