Alchemy Brewing are based in Melbourne's inner north suburb of Brunswick and only opened a short time before the city first shutdown due to COVID.
The brewpub is now open and ready to welcome people back, including in an impressive new beer garden, and to help them, they're looking to hire both a bar manager and casual bar staff. Head here to find out about what they're looking for in bar staff and to find out about the bar manager role, read on.
JOB DESCRIPTION: BAR MANAGER
Alchemy Brewing Co are looking for a dedicated bar manager to take the reigns of the venue. We have had an amazing response since reopening the doors on October 28 and with our huge brand-new beer garden area we are set to come back with a vengeance. On that note our Brewer needs to step away from managing the venue and back into the brewery before we run out of beer!
We are looking for a seasoned professional who wants to make the bar their own, who is a natural leader and can manage a team in a positive yet efficient manner.
A knowledge & passion for craft beer & hospitality, as well as knowledge of the Melbourne/Australia craft brewing industry is essential. Ideal candidates should also be efficient multitaskers and good communicators, with a positive can-do attitude and a fun & enthusiastic demeanour.
Ideally, we are looking for someone that will help us grow & also grow along with the business. Alchemy Brewing is just getting started and there are plenty of opportunities to expand what we offer, including adding live music and installing our own kitchen.
As part of this role your responsibilities will be to:
- Facilitate the efficient running of the venue.
- Ensure customer service is delivered in a friendly and professional manner.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment for both our guests and team.
- Help us create a positive and skilled team to assist you in running the venue.
And exhibit the following attributes:
- Proven management experience in a similar environment.
- A keen interest & knowledge of craft beer.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A positive, friendly and fun manner.
- A natural ability to engage with our local community & regular guests.
To fulfil the role, the successful candidate will also have:
- Responsible service of alcohol certificate
- The right to work in Australia
- Minimum of 5 year of bar and/or hospitality experience in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal communication
- Flexibility in availability to work within the venue’s operation hours, including weekends and late nights.
All interested applicants should email their CV along with a cover letter, and the answers to the following questions to email@example.com, responses with no cover letter or answers will go straight in the bin.
- What is currently your favourite Melbourne Brewery & why?
- What is the best Australian beer you have tasted this year / or something that you can’t wait to try if you haven’t had the chance yet!
Submissions close November 30, 2020.