Blackman's Brewery are a family-owned, independent and award-winning brewery that launched in Torquay which also run their own Beer and Burger Bar in Ocean Grove.
If you're a beer loving hospo gun, they likely want to hear from you as they look to hire a new venue manager for that Ocean Grove bar.
Job Description: Beer Loving Venue Manager
At Blackman's Brewery our philosophy is this: we love good beer, it's really that simple!
Blackman's Brewery is an award-winning, independent brewery with a Tap Room & Pizza Bar in Torquay and a rad Beer and Burger Bar in Ocean Grove. Our main goal is for every single person who walks through our doors to have a lot of fun.
We're now looking for an experienced hospitality superstar to lead our Ocean Grove Team and help us spread the good beer word.
Here are the qualities we’re looking for:
- An energetic, enthusiastic fun beer loving legend who loves hospitality and leading a team.
- Outstanding communication skills. You must be able to give and follow instructions carefully, connect with and speak the Blackman's lingo and smile. Smiling is very important.
- Flexibility. You must be able to fit well within our team but get on with things on your own.
- Be seriously organised. Organisation is key, you must be able to demonstrate that you can work across a range of projects all at once, in a deliberate manner.
Here are the primary responsibilities of the role:
- Lead by example from the front, being ‘hands on’ in all areas of the venue.
- Ensure a fun, relaxed and beer focused environment for our beloved customers to enjoy beer & food whilst promoting Blackman’s Brewery values.
- Motivate and lead staff, creating a professional yet fun workplace environment.
- Work with the Operations Manager to ensure smooth running of the venue including managing emails, upholding Blackman’s standards, stocktake and ordering.
- Help out with social media content.
- Ensure kitchen and food processes & standards are maintained and generally run a clean and safe venue.
- Responsible for tills and safe reconciliation.
- Proficient in keg and cellar operations.
- Ability to keep a calm head at all times and run the venue, especially during extremely busy periods and during summer.
- Help grow the business over summer through our takeaway beer & burger window.
If you love beer, love providing exceptional hospitality and love life, then this one's got your name on it. Send us a cover letter, resume and your current favourite beer to firstname.lastname@example.org or better still, come in and see us.
Applications on November 27, 2020.