Thunder Road are based in Melbourne's inner north and produce a core range that's widely available alongside a series of more limited releases.
If you want to join them, they're looking to take on a new brewer.
Job Description: Brewer
Thunder Road Brewery is a family owned medium sized craft brewery operating out of Brunswick, Melbourne. We produce a range of core beers as well as creating innovative seasonal releases on our pilot brewing system.
With COVID-19 restrictions lessening, we are looking for a Brewer to assist us in ramping up production again. This position will report to the Head Brewer.
- Brewing, Plant CIP, Yeast Handling, Beer Clarification (Centrifuge/filtration), raw material and chemical handling;
- Performing secondary brewing tasks, including milling and grain out;
- Keg filling and cleaning operation on semi-automatic keg filler;
- Cellar and fermentation management; including tank sampling and analysis;
- Project work-recipe writing, plant maintenance, write SOPs;
- Forklift operation (Reach fork truck), licence not required;
- General site cleaning;
- Shift work (We operate 5am to 7pm Mon-Friday but some rostered weekend work is required (Fermentation Checks);
- Reasonable amount of physical strength is required for moving machinery and kegs.
- You MUST have a minimum 6 months experience in a commercial brewing environment;
- Follow safe working practices;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Hard working with a good attitude;
- Attention to detail;
- Record keeping;
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision;
- Able to follow SOP’s;
- Computer literate;
- Good communicator.
- Brewing or related science qualifications;
- Recipe development skills.
This position is available for immediate start. Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
If this role sounds like you, please send through your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on November 29, 2020.