Holgate Brewhouse is one of Australia's pioneering craft breweries, now well into its third decade since being launched by Paul and Tash Holgate in 1999.
They're now looking to add to the brewing crew at their state-of-the-art brewery.
JOB DESCRIPTION: BREWER
A pioneer of the Australian craft beer industry, Holgate Brewhouse has been brewing innovative, award-winning beers since 1999 in the village of Woodend, Victoria. We are looking to add a brewer to our production team. This is is a great opportunity to work within a successful business in a beautiful, country location with a brand-new state-of-the-art production facility.
Our new equipment includes:
- Fully automated 50hL Braukon brewhouse incl. malt handling
- 24-head rotary bottle filler, 8500 bottles per hour
- 9-head rotary can-filler, 6000 cans per hour
- Cluster packer and auto carton machine
- Keg Technik keg cleaner/filler
- Expanded cellar and yeast propagation
As an experienced brewer you will be able to hit the ground running in our busy facility.
We are a small, tightly-knit team and the successful candidate will join us in covering a variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Wort production on new 50hL brewhouse as well as original 15hL manual brewhouse
- Cellaring, incl. fermentation & yeast management, dry hopping & centrifugation.
- Lab work
- CIP/SIP of plant, tanks etc.
- Packaging shifts and supervising packaging operations: bottle & keg
- Warehousing incl. safe use of forklift
- Occasional representation of the brewery at events & festivals etc.
- Minimum 2 years professional brewing experience
- Flexibility regarding shift work (mornings shifts/afternoon shifts Mon – Fri)
- Physically fit: able to work safely and professionally in a manual environment
- Valid Australian Forklift Licence
- Accurate & diligent record keeping
- A working knowledge of Microsoft office
- The right to work permanently in Australia
Looked upon very favourably:
- Science background and/or brewing qualification
- Skills in electrical automation, machinery maintenance and troubleshooting
Remuneration commensurate with experience. Please send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is January 15, 2021.