Local Brewing was started by a group of mates who wanted to use good beer to do good, with the brewing company raising money for SecondBite through each pack or pint of beer sold.
If you want to join the Local Brewing mission, the team is hiring a senior sales rep.
JOB DESCRIPTION: SENIOR SALES REPRESENTATIVE (VIC)
Local Brewing Co. exists to make great tasting beer that drives sustainable social impact. It’s often said that good people drink good beer and, while that’s often very true, there’s an added benefit when drinking good beer can bring about good too.
It was such an idea that drove a group of mates in Richmond to launch Local Brewing Co. at the start of 2019 with the aim of using beer as a way to help feed those in need. The brewing company went about it by teaming up with SecondBite, an organisation that rescues food from major supermarkets and passes it on to hungry families. For every pack or pint of beer sold, SecondBite would be able to secure a meal for someone facing food insecurity.
The business has been growing rapidly over the past 2 years, and we are looking to increase our awareness and reach nationwide. Our immediate team and culture is a big part of that therefore hardwork and performance will lead to progression to more exciting job opportunities.
This is a senior sales position however no two days are the same as the team wears many hats depending on projects. The role will entail leading the management of both On and Off premise accounts including specialist craft retailers, large venues and pubs and premium accounts to obtain sales, secure new business accounts and service the needs of existing sales accounts within VIC.
This role will suit a high performing energetic individual who can manage relationships to a high level and foster deep, valuable and ongoing relationships with key accounts.
You'll report and work closely with the whole Local Brewing Co. team to build our customer base. You will show leadership qualities and provide coaching opportunities for the junior sales representative.
Main focus areas
On-premise Sales & Off-premise Sales (Specialist, premium and craft retailers)
- Manage and build our current portfolio.
- Continually increase volume with new accounts and extended ranging.
- Develop new business on-premise.
- Identify and prioritise key accounts.
- Plan and manage their time effectively.
- Execute sales strategies.
- Work independently as well as part of an established team.
- Organise and host activations.
- Be part of events, and promotions.
- Report and communicate effectively.
- Use a CRM tool to enhance their sales
- Work with the marketing and production teams on coordinating beer launches
- Work with marketing on sales activations and branding materials to increase brand awareness and in-venue pull through
Limited edition and sustainable beer range pre-sales
- Pre-sell Local Brewing Co.’s Sustainable and limited release beers every month to specialist retailers and venues with the majority of stock to be pre-sold before release
- Invoice customers in an accurate and timely manner (Xero)
- Despatch stock to the customer’s expectations in an accurate and timely manner (Carton Cloud)
Values are a key enabler of our strategy; they are about building capability and the cultural foundations for the future. Our values are designed to shape and reinforce our desired ways of working.
At Local Brewing Co, we value:
CHAMPION THE BRAND
Seek to create a better way with all of our customers in mind.
OWN YOUR AREA
Own it, see it through to the end. You control your success.
NEVER SETTLE FOR ‘GOOD’
Challenge yourself and others to grow. Always look to do more.
EMBRACE THE ADVENTURE
Working together we achieve more. Stay focused and have fun.
- Contribute to a high-performing team and delivery of tangible outcomes
- Ability to establish and maintain effective stakeholder relationships
- Presentation, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Energetic and making the most of all opportunities
- Driven, innovative and outcome focused
- Enthusiastic, shows initiative and is self-motivated
- Ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders to drive outcomes
Qualifications and experience desirable
- Will have a minimum of three years experience in sales
- Can demonstrate a history of strong sales performance
- Is driven and determined to sell independent, quality beer
- Drive to become a long-term and pivotal member of our young, growing team
- A flexible approach to work
- Access to a car
- A full driver’s license
- Full rights to work in Australia
- Current RSA (can be provided by Local Brewing Co. if needed)
Successful appointment to this position will require a police check.
Remuneration and Benefits
- A competitive base salary wage with incentives (based on prior experience and performance)
- Mobile phone and office space provided
- Access to discounted Local Brewing Co. beer and merchandise
To apply, please email your CV and resume to email@example.com.