Tribe Breweries are one of Australia's largest independent breweries and are known for their own brands like Mornington Peninsula Brewery, Stockade Brewing Co and Wilde Gluten Free while brewing beer for others too.
If you want to join the Tribe, they're hiring a packaging assistant.
Job Description: Packaging Assistant
We are Tribe Breweries - home to the largest number of independent craft beers in Australia. Our team are leaders in innovative high-quality brewing in Australia. Every day our team is focused on offering drinkers' access to the finest beer products, and through our growing Tribe we seek to inspire and excite consumers about the craft beer revolution.
Our own portfolio of brands includes Mornington Peninsula Brewery, Stockade Brewing Co, Wilde Gluten Free and Pabst Blue Ribbon, and we are also one of the largest contract brewers in the country, partnering with awesome people to create really great beer.
About the role
The way we brew beer is critical to our success, and equally important is getting it into bottles and cans, packaged and sent to our thirsty customers. This new role based in Goulburn will work getting the beer we brew into vessels they are consumed in. Our newest site is fitted out with state-of-the-art brewing and production equipment, with capacity to fill bottles and cans.
The role is fulltime, you need to be prepared to work on a 24-hour x 5 day a week shift work basis.
The responsibilities of this role will include:
- Operate the filling line equipment in compliance with equipment instructions and company guidelines, to achieve defined production goals
- Visually inspect products and trouble shoot as required with Filling Line Supervisor and relevant site and company stakeholders
- Operate bottling and canning machines as well as cardboard packaging machines
- Play a proactive role in the promotion of a safe work environment regarding machine operations, manual handling and general factory safety, and implement corrective measures as required
- Follow SOPs for filling and production teams.
- Support the maintenance team with regular preventive machine maintenance
- Benefits and perks
Our facility offers our team a safe and modern working environment. We offer some cool perks including flexibility with leave benefits and access to our excellent product range! In addition, you get to work with some super talented and passionate people who are all working toward one shared goal – to be the number one provider of craft beer in this country.
We are social, flexible and there is beer - it's a great place to be!
Skills and experience
This is a hands-on role in a fast-paced production line environment. The person who will be best suited for this position should be able to show us:
- Previous experience in a role running high-speed filling and packaging machines – either bottle or can filling, but if you have both that would be highly valuable
- Mechanical aptitude to perform preventative maintenance activities and trouble shoot to minimise production stoppages
- Technical experience in operating filling and packaging equipment, with ability to understand and interpret technical documents related to their operation
- A strong understanding of GMP, HACCP, and WHS frameworks within a food/beverage manufacturing facility
- Physical fitness to perform the role with strong manual handling guidelines knowledge
- Forklift licence is essential
We welcome new Tribe members who are honest, masters of their trade, and who embrace change. Ability to think outside the square and be creative on the fly are skills that are highly valued and utilised here – if your happy place is a work environment that offers new challenges and evolves this may be the role for you. If this all sounds like the place you want to be, get in touch and let us know what you can bring to our Tribe.
Please send your application and enquiries to email@example.com.
Close of application date is January 31, 2021.