Mornington Peninsula's TWØBAYS specialise in creating gluten free beers in a diverse range of styles, from sours to IPAs to those brewed with ingredients such as lentils.
They've already established a nationwide audience and are hiring a head of sales to help them grow further.
JOB DESCRIPTION: HEAD OF SALES
WHO ARE WE?
We are Two Bays Brewing Co.
Our mission is to deliver a great craft beer experience to the gluten free community – and we think we’re getting there!
Richard Jeffares, Founder and CEO, was diagnosed as a coeliac in 2015 and has been searching for good quality, gluten free craft beer ever since. Struggling to find anything locally, he decided to go on a gluten free brewery ‘tour’ across the US where he found a really strong, vibrant and interesting craft beer scene. He decided straight away that he had to create a similar experience in Australia – a brewery that would make not only great craft beer using gluten free malts, but also a taproom where gluten free consumers can safely experience the wonderful world of craft beer.
In December 2018 we opened our Taproom on the Mornington Peninsula and sold our first carton of beer – and now we are sold in every state of Australia.
We continue to grow rapidly and are now looking for the right person who will take charge of our sales engine and help take our business to the next level.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
We’re looking for a passionate overachiever to join our growing team and to share our love of great gluten free craft beer with our community. We’re looking for a strong business minded professional who will take on the responsibility for leadership, providing direction and guidance to the sales team (both direct employees and distributors) to ensure that it meets our sales targets and strategic goals whilst building and maintaining relationships and seeking out new opportunities.
We want someone to really own our revenue number and be responsible for the planning and execution of all sales strategies to make sure we achieve these ambitious targets. As there are many moving parts in our sales engine, we want someone that excels in stakeholder management whilst being nimble and respectful of all ideas.
- Oversee the creation and execution of sales strategy - in line with the company’s overall strategic plan.
- Show strong leadership qualities and team guidance, through managing the workflow and results of the entire sales team and partners.
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing Manager to align the sales and marketing strategies. Working with the marketing department to develop pricing and promotion strategies to maximise profits and market share while balancing customer satisfaction.
- Researching demand for new products and services. Competitor research and market analysis. Identifying potential new customers and business opportunities.
- Analyse sales data and report at a board level, as well as working closely with the Head Brewer and Business Manager to create production forecasting reports
WHAT WILL YOU BRING TO US?
We are running hard and so you’ll need to bring these qualities with you:
- You’ll also be very professional and have a proactive work ethic.
- You will value inclusion and diversity and can balance leading a team in their own professional development and being open to learning themselves.
- Be very committed to delivering against your targets – we measure and manage the data not the story.
- Executive with 7+ years in a similar role that reports directly to a CEO
- Strong communications and above and beyond approach to customer service
- An exceptional knowledge of sales and negotiation techniques
- Exceptional time management, planning and organisational skills
- Proven results from team leadership of at least 3 sales team members
- Experience in dealing with third party distribution partners
- Experience in beverage or FMCG industry will be favourably considered
- Extensive experience in financial reports, analysis and forecasting
- Demonstrated ability to build long lasting relationships, with an established network of industry contacts
Above all else you’ll be resourceful and innovative with big business aspirations on a
small business budget and always be willing to learn new IT systems and implement
improvements in processes.
Whilst our brewery hasn’t been around for long, we have established a strong reputation – and we want you to ensure that we continue to deliver against that reputation. We want our company values to be reflected in the opportunities and growth we aim to provide for each employee. To reflect this, we are looking for someone who respects equality in everything they do, strives for better sustainability practices, and positively adds to our culture.
Candidates are required to have at least seven years’ experience in a similar role including team management and a strong work ethic. The standout candidate will have the ability to use sales techniques to bring a creative approach to their application and prove to us they have the above skills and attributes.
Salary package will depend upon experience, but range between $120k and $150k inclusive of superannuation.
Please send applications to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is March 12, 2021.