Canberra's BentSpoke brew beers that are highly regarded across the country, with their flagship Crankshaft IPA taking top spot in the 2020 GABS Hottest 100.
If you'd like to play a part in brewing those beers, they're hiring.
Job Description: Brewery Assistant
Nothing worthwhile comes easily. Taking the familiar road can rob life of its flavour. So, at BentSpoke, we take a more adventurous route, knowing all too well that we will bend a few spokes along the way.
BentSpoke Brewing Co. is a Canberra-based Independent brewery that puts ‘bending the rules’ at the heart of our brand. We turn the best ingredients into high quality, intriguing and approachable beers to be enjoyed all around Australia. After 6 years of sustainable growth, we remain fiercely independent, immersed in our local communities, and actively pursue our vision of providing a world class beer experience. You will be joining us on the back of our most successful GABS Hottest 100 result yet…with 4 beers being voted into the Top 20, 5 in the top 50, and BentSpoke Crankshaft taking out the number 1 spot.
Due to increased beer production, we are seeking a proactive, reliable and motivated individual to join our Production team based in Mitchell as a Brewery Assistant!
About the role
Reporting to the Head Brewers, your responsibilities will include assisting in the production of BentSpoke Brewing Co products including Cellaring and other Brewery Operations incl, packaging, cleaning, laboratory and limited logistics coordination in the Brewpub and the Cannery (Production Brewery).
In addition, you may be required to perform such duties as the CEO and Ownership Group reasonably requests from time to time.
Cellar Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence to all cellar Occupational Health and Safety
- Assist with ensuring the brewery cellar, cool rooms, other areas, and all equipment are kept in a safe and hygienic state.
- Assist in all quality control measures and procedures.
- Assist in the filling and cleaning of kegs.
- Assist in all beer processing procedures. Including but not limited to - Yeast processing, dry hopping, ingredient preparation, tank cleaning, centrifuge operation. etc
Brewery Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Brew team to ensure production is in-line with current goals and demand.
- Assist with Brewery Maintenance ensuring preventative maintenance and cleaning of all plant and equipment is performed to manufacturers specification and records are kept for break downs, services, and all work carried out.
- Assist in maintaining Brewery Record Management ensuring accurate records are kept for brewing, packaging, raw materials, work in process, finished goods and excise records.
- Assist with the packaging of all BentSpoke products by:
- Packing on the production line when needed.
- Ensuring packaging materials are available for production.
- Ensuring product quality and consistency.
- Maintaining a high level of hygiene and sanitation across all packaging processes.
- Ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedures and Brewery Occupational Health and Safety procedures.
- Assist when necessary with cellar duties/stock movements with respect to external events.
- Minor warehouse duties inc. transportation of kegs and other products between the BentSpoke venues.
What will YOU bring to the role?
- Passion for craft beer
- Mature attitude, honesty, loyalty and exceptional work ethic
- Sound communication skills
- Tertiary Brewing Qualifications desired but not essential.
- Previous experience in brewing and packaging desired but not essential.
- Forklift license desired
Why is being a BentSpoke Brewery Assistant the route for you?
- An attractive salary (commensurate with experience)
- Beer! For personal consumption and building product knowledge
- Beer education
- Working for one of Australia's leading independent brewers
- Assist in the production of Australia’s Number One craft Beer, Crankshaft!
If you want to take the adventurous route and bend a few rules, APPLY NOW!!! Please send your resume and cover letter through to email@example.com.