Carwyn Cellars is one of Melbourne's top craft booze sellers, with the team operating an impressive bottleshop, bar and online store.
If you'd like to help spread the good word Carwyn to the world, they're hiring a social media manager.
Job Description: Creative Content and Social Media Manager
Carwyn Cellars is a renowned and unique craft alcohol business operating in the retail, hospitality, and online sectors in the inner Northern suburbs of Melbourne. We are proudly family-owned and operated and strive to provide top quality booze, service, and experiences to our local community and beyond. As our business continues to grow, so do the opportunities available.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for a Part Time (25-30 hours/week) Creative Content and Social Media Manager to take the reins on multiple social media channels and design-centred projects. This position reports to our General Manager and works closely with the Schmooze by Carwyn and Warehouse/Web Store teams. You will be based primarily at our warehouse in Heidelberg West, however, you will also be required to spend time at our Thornbury location a few times a month.
WHAT DO WE NEED YOU TO DO? Percentages are an approximation of responsibilities based on an average week.
Social Media (60%)
- Completely own social media content creation from start to finish, using Later.com to schedule posts, stories and videos.
- Maintain a content calendar for the following 5 accounts:
- Carwyn Cellars
- Schmooze by Carwyn
- Carwyn Collaborational (to return soon!)
- Last Word Brewing
- Carwyn Wines (launching soon!)
- Write on-brand copy for social media posts, events and website landing pages.
- Work closely with the Schmooze Coordinator to shoot and edit monthly videos for Schmooze by Carwyn / Carwyn Cellars’ Youtube channel.
- Reply in a timely fashion to community comments and messages across all channels
- Shoot social content, as per above.
- Keep the new (coming soon!) website fresh with up-to-date banner photography and video as needed
- Assist the warehouse team in shooting product photos for the website and maintaining an organised photo database.
- Take product photos for EDMs, working closely with Carwyn’s digital marketing consultant
Additional Creative & Administrative Tasks (15%)
- Create on-brand posters and banners for events
- Design and organise product labels and other packaging to commercial print standards
- Coordinate artwork for merch, liaising with vendors as needed
- Set & print in-house collateral for Schmooze by Carwyn (rolling monthly basis)
- Design bottleshop signage / POS collateral
Seasonal Projects (5%), for example:
- Assisting with marketing plans / presales of CANVENT, our Craft Beer Advent Calendar
- Assisting with marketing plans / presales of other Top-Secret-Not-Yet-Launched Beer Boxes :)
- Event photography as needed
IS THIS JOB FOR YOU?
- You have a positive attitude and a friendly approach to working in a small team
- You’re extremely organised and detail-oriented
- You are a whizz kid when it comes to Adobe CC’s big three and can provide links to a portfolio or examples of past relevant photography or design work
- You are confident using Adobe Premiere Pro or similar to edit video
- Bonus points if you have a keen interest in craft alcohol
Just in case being part of the team of one of Australia’s best craft beer venues isn’t enough, we also offer sweet booze discounts and allowance, paid industry/trade events, five weeks annual leave, the world’s best Christmas party (Magnumpalooza).
Email Ben Duval at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and will close Friday 21 May unless the position is filled prior.