The Grain Store in Newcastle is one of the country's very best beer venues, serving all Aussie, all independent beer all year.
It's run by the couple that has done as much as any to drive the rise of better beer in the city and now they're after someone to help run the show.
JOB DESCRIPTION: BAR SUPERVISOR
Opportunity to become a part of a dynamic industry leading team, ideally with passion for craft beer, food / beer pairing & five star customer service.
Your role will involve: plan, direct and oversee all venue operations including managing staff, ensuring product and service standards are met and implementing and maintaining procedures for maximum operating efficiency.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- performance manage staff
- assess development needs and train and coach staff
- delegate duties and tasks to staff to meet objectives and maximize resources
- set and monitor quality and service standards for staff
- communicate company policy, standards and procedures to staff
- direct and manage staff members to meet standards and objectives
- ensure staff operate within company policies
- oversee the preparation and presentation of beverages to meet set standards
- resolve customer complaints promptly
- monitor cleanliness and hygiene of bar area
- promote and practice compliance with fire, health, safety and hygiene standards and regulations
- oversee accurate cash-up procedures and ensure necessary paperwork is complete
- ensure adherence to stock control procedures
- make certain all deliveries are checked in correctly and documentation is correct
- oversee the bar display to maximize functionality and attractiveness
- maintain regular communication with staff and management through meetings and discussions
- stay current with relevant legislation regarding service of alcohol & licensing
Skills and Experience
- experience in the management of a bar or beverage service operation
- complete working knowledge of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages preferably with craft beer appreciation
- knowledge of business management principles and practices
- knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- knowledge of cost control procedures
- knowledge of human resource management practices
- knowledge of administrative procedures
- knowledge of relevant computer applications
- organising and planning
- resource allocation and management
- attention to detail
- stress tolerance
- team player
Please forward our application to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is August 21, 2015.