King Road Brewing is a family-run and family-friendly destination brewery a short drive south of Perth that's been catching the attention of the state's beer lovers in the past couple of years.
Their IPA rated highly in our Best of 2020 roundup, and they've since claimed an AIBA trophy.
If you'd like to join them, they're taking on a brewer. And a trainee brewer too, which you can read about here.
JOB DESCRIPTION: BREWER
King Road Brewing Co is a family-owned and operated business – all of our beer and cider is produced on our rural site in Oldbury, just 35 mins south of Perth CBD. We put a lot of effort into everything that we produce and we are very proud of our achievements to date. In order to meet increasing demand we have numerous upgrades and expansions in progress, and we are also looking for a brewer to add to the team.
The intention is for the role to grow along with the business – we want to invest in you, so you can move into more senior roles as they become available. In the role, you will report directly to the Head Brewer.
Tasks will include:
- Cellaring duties including tank CIP, keg cleaning and filling, dry hopping, filtration
- All aspects of packaging
- Lab duties
- Wort production
- Apple pressing and cider production
- Record keeping for all cellaring and wort production duties
- Maintaining beer lines and taps in our bars
- Represent the brewery at festivals and events
- R&D for limited releases
We are looking for someone with these attributes:
- Passion for producing consistently high quality beer
- Experience in a commercial brewery
- A positive and motivated attitude
- Very high attention to detail, and the ability to follow procedures
- Able to perform manual labour and handle kegs and bags of malt
- Comfortable using technology for planning, record keeping, workflow management and communication
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (particularly Word and Excel)
- Strong ability to identify and troubleshoot issues
- Ability to work both independently, as well as part of a team
- Available to work weekends on occasion
- Driver's licence
- Forklift licence
The following attributes will be highly regarded:
- Formal brewing qualifications
Remuneration will be based on experience and qualifications. This is a permanent role with an immediate start.
Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.
Applications close August 29, 2021.