Having established a fine reputation for the quality of their beers over the past couple of years, King Road Brewing are expanding their brewery crew.
In addition to taking on a brewer – a role you can read about and apply for here – they're now hiring a trainee in a casual position too.
DESCRIPTION: TRAINEE BREWER – CASUAL
King Road Brewing Co is a family-owned and operated business. All of our beer and cider is produced on our rural site in Oldbury – just 35 mins south of Perth CBD. We put a lot of effort into everything that we produce and we are very proud of our achievements to date. In order to meet increasing demand we have numerous upgrades and expansions in progress, and we are also looking for a trainee brewer to add to the team.
This is an entry level casual position. Training will be provided and tasks will initially be cellaring duties, but over time the role will develop to include wort production duties. Hours will vary week by week depending on the production schedule – we can also offer additional hours in other areas of the venue.
Tasks will include:
- Cellaring duties including tank CIP, keg cleaning and filling, dry hopping, filtration
- All aspects of packaging
- Lab duties
- Apple pressing and cider production
- Record keeping for all cellaring and wort production duties
- Maintaining beer lines and taps in our bars
- Represent the brewery at festivals and events
We are looking for someone with these attributes:
- Passion for craft beer
- A positive and motivated attitude
- Very high attention to detail, and the ability to follow procedures
- Able to perform manual labour and handle kegs and bags of malt
- Comfortable using technology for planning, record keeping, workflow management and communication
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (particularly Word and Excel)
- Strong ability to identify and troubleshoot issues
- Ability to work both independently, as well as part of a team
- Available to work weekends on occasion
- Driver's licence
- Forklift licence
The following attributes will be highly regarded:
- Formal brewing qualifications
- Any experience in a commercial brewery
Please send covering letter and CV to email@example.com.
Applications close August 29, 2021.