Gypsy Hub are the team behind Craft & Co in Collingwood and recently, they've been busy expanding their space in Preston.
If you'd like to lead production on their beers, they're hiring a head brewer.
Job Description: Head Brewer
Gypsy Hub is an experienced production group and solution provider working across multiple sites (Collingwood, Preston & Truganina) within the beverage industry. Partnering with both start-ups & commercial brands across the country, we have brought many award-winning products to life including our own under the ‘Craft and Co’ and ‘Concrete and Clay’ brands. We work closely with brewers, distillers and winemakers Australia wide to develop recipes and grow them to a commercial scale.
Gypsy Hub is in its own scaling phase with growth in beverage production & facilities across all categories.
- Assist the production team in the production of a range of craft beers according to the brew schedule.
- Actively contribute to the development of a brand.
- Contribute to recipe development.
- Provide assistance and support to our contracting clients in the production, kegging and packaging of their products.
- Maintenance and calibration of equipment (measuring equipment, inspecting and replacing seals and gaskets and reporting any malfunctioning equipment)
- Liaising with clients for production of beer and other fermented beverages under contact.
- Keep brewing facility clean and functional at all times.
- Assist in all aspects of production including inventory management, kegging, bottling, canning, labelling and packaging finished products.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of process SOP’s.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of Procedures and OHS.
- Assist with inventory management and sourcing of raw materials.
- Clean tanks, brewhouse, kegs, packaging line and other equipment.
- Brand ambassador role for Gypsy Hub, working closely with the team from The Craft & Co with public workshops and events.
- A formal brewing education from a credited brewing program is preferred.
- Minimum of three years commercial brewing experience.
- Advanced knowledge of beer styles and recipe development.
- Willing and able to train new brewers working at Gypsy Hub.
- Good understanding of quality assurance / quality control, including quality processes.
- Ability to problem solve and to troubleshoot any beer-related issues.
- Willingness and ability to maintain regulatory compliance records to the highest standard.
- Write SOP's for the brewery when required.
- Fastidious attention to detail and record-keeping.
- Analytical skills and recipe development.
- Willing and able to meet the physical demands of the role.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and autonomously as required.
- Willingness to be a brand ambassador for Gypsy Hub.
- Solid organisation skills.
- Confidence to present workshops or special events to small and large groups and represent Gypsy Hub at public events is advantageous.
- General mechanical aptitude for maintenance is favourable.
- A very broad role with leadership opportunity.
- Generous staff discounts.
- Opportunities for cross-training and exposure to broader beverage business, within The Beverage Food Group.
- Exposure to all aspects of the distilling, brewing and packaging business.
- Cross-training in the distilling and packaging industry.
- Monday to Fridays, day shift only.
Please include a cover Letter with your resume.