Campus Brewing are based in the Perth suburb of Canning Vale and recently, they've been expanding their production capacity.
If you'd like to take over the reins of all things brewing, the team likely want to hear from you.
Job Description: Head Brewer
Canning Vale-based Campus Brewing is the rapidly growing passion project of three local couples. Built from the ground up and reinvesting every dollar earned, we are excited now to be expanding production capacity and renovating our taproom & indoor beer garden into a modern, urban-industrial brewpub. We’re on the hunt for an experienced Head Brewer to add to the team and help mentor two eager and hardworking assistant brewers.
Reporting directly to the ownership group, your responsibilities will include;
- Management of the production team, including rostering
- Inventory management and sourcing raw materials
- Assisting with management of production schedule
- Management of cellar schedule, including packaging forecasting
- Assisting with new product & recipe development
- Work with sales team and ownership group to maintain core range stock levels and produce seasonal, limited and one-off batches
- Equipment maintenance and calibration
- Development of SOP’s
- Assisting with quality control and sensory analysis programs
- Accurate reporting and data entry including assisting with administering brewery operations system
- Assisting with planning, purchasing, installation and commissioning of equipment
- Maintain a safe, clean and proud brewery
- Contributing to R&D projects
- Representing the brand through interaction with stakeholders and customers at venue and events as required
- Significant commercial brewing experience including a minimum of 12 months in a senior/managerial/supervisory or leadership role
- Sound QA/QC knowledge and approach
- Sound knowledge of styles and recipe development
- Willing and able to meet the physical requirements
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- General mechanical aptitude for brewery maintenance
- High level of understanding of brewing, cellar & packaging processes
- Demonstrated commitment to Health, Safety and Environment as it applies to brewery work
- Driver’s Licence, RSA, Forklift licence
To be successful you’ll display an enthusiasm for helping to grow and shape the brand, a commitment to quality, a passion for innovation and a dedication to continuous improvement. We at Campus are beneficiaries and proud members of Perth’s beer, brewing & hospitality community. We value the spirit of collaboration and insist upon acting with integrity in our industry and broader community.
To apply, please email your application and CV to email@example.com.
Close of application date is October 22, 2021.