Green Beacon's story began in the Brisbane suburb of Teneriffe and that brewpub is still where you'll find the widest selection of the brewery's beers.
If you're keen to play a key role in shaping those beers, they're hiring a lead brewer.
Job Description: Lead Brewer (Teneriffe)
An exciting opportunity exists to join the award winning Green Beacon team in a full time role as Lead Brewer of our Teneriffe Brewpub.
Reporting to our Production Manager and Head Brewer, the primary purpose of the role is to manage and coordinate the Brewing Department at our Teneriffe brewery (People, Plant, Process and System) in order to achieve the required standard of product quality and output in the most efficient and effective manner.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage end to end operations of a small brewpub (~2000 hL pa) including procurement, wort production, cellaring, QA, packaging (kegs and cans) and plant maintenance.
- Optimise process capabilities with a view to improve product quality and flavour stability.
- Manage budgeting process by controlling raw materials usage and reducing extract loss.
- Manage and apply personnel processes including performance management and employee relations.
- Optimise staffing levels, shift configurations and brewing overtime.
- Facilitate and apply team problem solving, decision making techniques and principles.
- Optimise and reduce utilities usages including brewery waste management.
- Engage with customers on an ad hoc basis (bar shout, brewers dinner, festival appearance, brewery tour etc)
- Tertiary education in Engineering or the natural sciences (Ideally BSc Process or Mechanical Engineer, Biochemistry, Microbiology)
- Diploma in Brewing (IBD) & Master Brewer
- 3 - 5 years experience in Brewing or related field.
- Understanding of process control within a brewing/process environment
Skills and personal attributes:
- Assertive and analytical
- Good written and verbal communication
- Proven Technical Brewing Knowledge & Ability, including recipe development
- Proven leadership ability
- Good understanding of the principles and practices of VPO
- Strong interpersonal skills
If you're passionate about making great beer and want to work at one of the most awarded breweries in Australia, we want to hear from you.
Send your resume and cover letter to Johann Van der Walt (Head Brewer) at email@example.com and we'll be in touch soon.