Hop Hen Brewing are an independent brewery based in Melbourne's eastern suburb of Lilydale.
If you have a passion for brewing beer and desire to learn as part of your job, they might have the role just for you.
Job Description: Assistant/Trainee Brewer
Hop Hen Brewing is a family-owned brewery located in Lilydale.
We are passionate about creating high-quality craft beer and are proudly independent. We brew a range of core beers along with seasonal and single-release beers.
If you are enthusiastic about brewing and are looking to make brewing high-quality beer your ongoing occupation, we are offering a full-time brewing traineeship. This position includes study.
This combination of TAFE and/or online learning and on-the-job experience delivers the skills and knowledge necessary to begin your career in the brewing industry.
The successful applicant will need to be hard-working and a highly motivated learner.
- All aspects of brewing
- Quality control
- Lab and sensory analysis
- Packaging both keg and can.
- Working closely with the team
- General brewery duties including cleaning and equipment maintenance
- Representing the business in the venue and at local events
- Record Keeping
- Raw material stock management
- Recipe development and designing new beers.
- Attendance at TAFE course (Certificate III in Food Processing (Micro-brewing)) and/or online learning.
Minimum Skills Required:
- A strong work ethic, diligent and dedicated learner
- Organised, responsible, and able to multitask
- A passion for craft beer
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- An understanding of the brewing processes
- Fanatical about cleaning, sanitation, and quality control
- Ability to converse with customers and clients
- Manual driver’s license, RSA, forklift license
- A positive attitude.
- A desire to make great beer.
- All-grain home brewing or other brewing experience
- Those without relevant experience should demonstrate other skills they can bring as a trainee brewer.
Send CV and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.