If you're keen to learn how to make great beer, there can't be many better places to brew than King Road Brewing Co.
The WA operation has been winning trophies wherever it enters in recent years and is looking to add to its brewing team.
JOB DESCRIPTION: BREWER
King Road Brewing Co is a family owned and operated business, all of our beer and cider is produced on our rural site in Oldbury – just 35 mins south of Perth CBD. We put a lot of effort into everything that we produce and we are very proud of our achievements to date. We are also looking to add distilled products to the King Road range. In order to meet increasing demand we have numerous upgrades and expansions in progress, and we are also looking for a brewer to add to the team.
We encourage all experience levels to apply, with attitude considered equally as important as qualifications and experience.
Tasks will include:
- Cellaring duties including tank CIP, keg cleaning and filling, dry hopping, filtration
- All aspects of packaging (keg and can)
- Lab duties
- Wort production
- Apple pressing and cider production
- Record keeping for all cellaring and wort production duties
- Maintaining beer lines and taps in our bars
- Represent the brewery at festivals and events
- R&D for limited releases
We are looking for someone with these attributes:
- Passion for producing consistently high quality beer
- Experience in a commercial brewery is desirable but not essential
- Commercial distillery experience is desirable but not essential
- A positive and motivated attitude
- Very high attention to detail, and the ability to follow procedures
- Able to perform manual labour and handle kegs and bags of malt
- Comfortable using technology for planning, record keeping, workflow management and communication
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (particularly Word and Excel)
- Strong ability to identify and troubleshoot issues
- Ability to work both independently, as well as part of a team
- Available to work weekends on occasion
- Drivers licence
- Forklift licence (or prepared to obtain)
The following attributes will be highly regarded:
- Formal brewing qualifications
Remuneration will be based on experience and qualifications.
Please send covering letter and CV to email@example.com. Applications close July 10, 2022 – successful candidates will be contacted for interviews shortly after.
You can read more about King Road's head brewer Steven Wearing in this Crafty Pint feature.