Feral Brewing is looking to take on two more brewery representatives as it continues to expand.
The brewery is after two passionate and knowledgeable beer lovers to work for them in WA and Northern Sydney.
JOB DESCRIPTION: BREWERY REPRESENTATIVES
- WA – Off Premise north of the river
- NSW – Northern Sydney region
Are you someone that enjoys going to the local bar or pub? The local coffee roaster or café? The local bottle shop or restaurant? How about the local art gallery opening or festival? Are you someone who loves to mix work and play? Talk craft beer? Breathe craft beer? Live craft beer?
A little about us
In 2002 Feral Brewing Co opened its doors in the Swan Valley – Western Australia’s oldest wine region – At a time when Australia’s choice of beer was pretty much only domestic lager. Taking inspirations from the full flavoured ales prevalent in the US craft beer scene, a team set out to brew beer unlike anything else found locally. The result was something deliberately and distinctively FERAL.
What’s the job?
We are currently looking to fill two roles with a focus on the OFF PREMISE (bottle shop) trade north the river in WA and the North Sydney region in NSW. The role will entail working closely with both the on and off premise accounts to obtain sales, secure new business accounts and service the needs of existing sales accounts within the assigned territory.
You’ll report and work closely with the National Sales Manager to build our customer base in these regions. You will be a key asset in further building and establishing Feral Brewing Co as a leading Australian craft brewery.
What will you be accountable for?
- Building relationships in the on and off Premise trade in your territory.
- Sales results and distribution
- Brand building and representation
- Perform Merchandising activities in accounts, including stocking shelves and building displays
- Weekly in store tastings
- Signage placement and point of sale
- Promotion and activities to promote Feral Brewing Co
- Reporting to management
- Territory management
- Self-development and team building
- Job duties include working nights and weekends on promotional
activities and festivals
To be successful in this role
Success in this role will require you to possess a few key skills and attributes. These include:
- Have creative flair and personality
- Problem Solving – Identifies, resolves and develops alternative solutions to problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyses information skilfully; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics or issues.
- Technical Skills — Pursues training and development opportunities to improve skill sets and knowledge required in the position; shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service — Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; meets commitments.
- Communication — Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Teamwork — Balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Leadership — Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Business Acumen — Understands business implications of decisions; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
- Cost Consciousness — Works within approved budget; conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics — Treats people with respect, keeps commitments and works with integrity and ethically.
- Judgment — Displays willingness to make decisions in a timely manner and includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation — Sets and achieves challenging goals; measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing — Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism — Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments in a timely manner.
- Quantity — Completes work in timely manner.
- Adaptability — Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality — Is consistently at work and on time; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability — Follows instructions and responds to management direction; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Innovation — Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with creativity and resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work and develops innovative approaches and ide
- Current employment of history within the Liquor, Food or Beverage industry preferred
With success comes reward… What does it look like?
- A substantial base salary wage with incentives (Based on prior experience)
- A car, tablet and phone
- Craft beer and lots of it
Send in a brief resume and cover letter detailing your current experience; remember creativity goes a long way!!
Remember we are not looking for a used car salesman, but someone to build, represent and communicate our passion for great tasting Australian craft beer.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE December 31, 2015