The Royal Agriculture Society of Victoria runs a series of major awards, including many, such as the Australian International Beer Awards, that celebrate the food and beverage industries.
Now they are looking for someone to join the team responsible for delivering them.
Job Description: EVENT MANAGER – BEVERAGE
- International and national focused events
- Broad role in a professional, committed team working on unique projects/events
- Permanent full-time role in Ascot Vale
This is your opportunity to join a member-based, not for profit organisation with a long and proud history that is responsible for delivering some of Melbourne’s most iconic food and beverage awards.
As part of a busy, proactive Epicure team, you will have responsibility for the management and delivery of competitions and awards for the Australian International Beer Awards, Australian Distilled Spirit Awards, Royal Melbourne Wine Awards, and Cider and Perry category for the Royal Melbourne Fine Food Awards.
This is a broad multi-faceted role that includes:
- Day to day planning, coordination and administration of award competitions
- Exhibitor liaison and managing judging requirements
- Taking an active role within advisory groups/committees, including administrative support and contributing information and ideas
- Managing casual staff, volunteers, suppliers, services and equipment
- Ensuring competitions are conducted in accordance with regulations and policies
- Event debriefs, budget management and reporting
You will also be involved in assisting in the delivery of other initiatives, events, promotions and activities. You will contribute as part of the team to the creative development of ideas and concepts, broader product and business planning processes and market research to support the continual improvement and development of the competitions and events produced in the Epicure area.
Demonstrated knowledge of, and established networks in, the Australian Food and Beverage industry is essential.
Experience in the delivery of events and competitions with a focus on alcoholic beverages is highly desirable, and tertiary qualifications in event management, hospitality or related fields will be highly regarded.
A team player with a flexible approach, you will display excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be results driven with a strong focus on continuous improvement and quality control.
You will also have the proven ability to build and maintain sound relationships with internal and external stakeholders and excellent time management and organisational skills in order to meet tight timeframes.
To apply, simply forward your resume with a brief application letter outlining your claims to the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes without an application letter will not be considered.