Prickly Moses beers are brewed in the heart of Victoria’s Otway Ranges.
One of the state’s longest established breweries, it shares its beautiful site with a winery and produces a wide range of beers and a cider.
The Prickly Moses range is increasingly available across the country and their bus regularly appears at beer festivals.
And now they’re after a brewer and all-rounder to join their team.
Job Description: Assistant Brewer
Otway Brewing located in Barongarook Victoria, operates a boutique winery and brewery producing Prickly Moses Handcrafted Beer and Forbidden Fruit Cider. Also on site at Otway Estate is a reception centre and three, fully self-contained cottage style accommodation units and cellar door / retail brewery outlet.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated person who enjoys a variety of work indoors and out. This position includes assistance in all aspects of the brewing process, wine and cider production and also vineyard maintenance. The successful candidate will assist the head brewer and production manager in all day to day activities to produce a high quality craft beer, wine and cider. This hands on role would suit someone searching to kick start a career in the exciting and dynamic Craft Brewing industry.
The role will include, but not be limited to the following duties.
- Assist in beer production
- Cleaning – ensuring brewing area and equipment are thoroughly cleaned to prevent contamination
Production / Stock
- Monitoring stock levels
- Liaising with production manager for production scheduling
- Understanding stock lead times
- Preparing and picking stock orders
- Assistance with stock order pickups and deliveries
Marketing / Events – where required and weekends may apply
- Participating in industry events
- Participating in on and off site events and festivals including setup and clean up
- Vineyard maintenance including pruning, picking, spraying, mowing when required
Assist the wine maker
- Top ups (barrels)
General maintenance of the property and equipment
- Physically fit
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work alone at times
- Current Victorian drivers licence
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Moderate level of brewing skills or obtainment of appropriate qualifications
- Passion and knowledge of the beer, cider and wine industry
- Responsible service of alcohol certificate – or willing to obtain within a set time frame
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft products
- Ability to drive a forklift and tractor would be an advantage
This role will be a 37.5 hour week, or a 40 hour week (flexible – will include some weekend work).
Salary will be dependent on your qualifications and skills and negotiated with the successful candidate.
Interested candidates should forward their application to email@example.com.