JOB DESCRIPTION: JUNIOR BREWER
Moon Dog is a fast growing, independent craft brewery based in inner Melbourne. We brew delicious, interesting beers and are looking for someone to join our fun little team as a junior brewer.
This role will be primarily 40 hours a week Monday to Friday. There may be some nights and weekend work required periodically. The role will report to the General Manager of Production.
- Brewing our delicious beverages with our señor brewer
- Maintaining the cleanliness, safety, and wellbeing of the brewery
- Managing and monitoring the cellar including daily measurements and reporting
- Organising and preparing packaging activities such as bottling, keg washing, and keg filling
- Readying beer for distribution. Palletising, pallet wrapping, forklifting
- Chatting to customers, suppliers, other people about moon dog and the cool stuff we do.
Ideally, the candidate will have the following qualities:
- Focus on safety and safe work practises
- Huge focus on quality. With the quality of the process and product being the upmost importance, and being in the front of your mind at all times.
- Wanting to work hard to achieve some pretty impressive beer related results
- Self-management of workload and ability to work autonomously
- Motivation for working with an awesome small business, and wishing to grow with said awesome small business
- Ability to say it like it is
- Previous experience in brewing will be looked upon nicely, but not necessary
- Experience working in any manufacturing/factory work would be pretty good
- Brewing training/qualifications would be awesome
- Need to be able to do basic maths in head, because someone here should be able to.
Forklift license would be cool, but if not, we'll get you one.
Applications close on December 19, 2014.
To apply, please send your CV with cover letter to email@example.com.