Felons Brewing is located at the Howard Smith Wharves, a recently redeveloped part of Brisbane that's turned a once underutilised part of the city into a new destination.
If you want to join the brewery, they're looking to add an experienced brewer to the team. And there's an opening for a beer ambassador too – details here.
Job Description: Brewer
Be a part of a new brewery within an iconic new precinct in Brisbane.
Felons Brewing Co is modern-day brewery now open on the banks of the Brisbane river. With the response we have had from the Brisbane community we are now looking for experienced brewers to join the Felonry in early 2019.
Named after the Four Felons who were the first settlers to discover the Brisbane river, we are inspired by their spirit of freedom & discovery to brew beer for everyone and anyone.
Headed up by ex-Little Creatures Brewer Tom Champion, we believe in brewing with passion and freedom. We will embrace the traditions of the past while being inspired by the present to brew balanced and natural beers of no fuss. Our brewery is a hub for the community, welcoming everyone to experience the sights, smells and importantly tastes of a working brewery.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be hands on in the day to day brewing and operations of the brewery
- Strive to relentlessly deliver high quality beer on time
- Thrive on best manufacturing practices
- Ensure all product is tested in line with our Quality Control program
- Support maintenance of Brewery equipment
- Work closely with the Lead Brewer to execute our innovation plan on our pilot kit
- Represent the brewery and engage directly with our customers and communities in the venue and in trade, at festivals and the wider brewing community.
What we’re looking for:
- A passion for brewing consistently high quality, balanced and flavoursome beers
- Candidates with experience brewing in a small to medium sized brewing operation, including semi-automated packaging lines,
- Commercial brewing, engineering or scientific qualifications in Australia or overseas
- A safety-first attitude and the ability to instil and maintain safe workplace practices
- Experience with canning and bottling lines is highly desirable
- Ability to perform rotating shifts in a physically demanding work environment
- Ability to accurately record and monitor against QA standards and industry specifications
- A forklift licence preferable.
It is not often that breweries in an iconic location like this come to life, and the opportunity to be a part of developing one is something not to be missed.
If the above sounds like you and you are ready to join our dynamic team and bring your expertise to such an amazing venture from its beginning, please click here and apply today.