4 Pines brews a broad range of beers across many styles, from sessionable core range offerings to regular limited releases.
Among the latter are the Keller Door barrel-aged beers and, if you want a hand in making them, they're after a brewer who loves playing with barrels.
Job Description: Barrel Beer Brewer
4 Pines is a 10 year old craft brewery based in Sydney’s iconic Northern Beaches. Above all we value craftsmanship, community, integrity and authenticity whilst bringing great beers to our customers and championing the fun and diversity of the beer drinking experience. As an employer we are devoted to developing great staff and setting them up for a long career in brewing, whether within our global AB-InBev network or elsewhere.
We’re searching for a passionate and like-minded individual to join us in the role of Barrel Beer Brewer. Position and salary will be determined based on incoming experience. We’re after enthusiastic individuals who believe in our core values and are keen to be positive contributors to our diverse and talented Brewing Team.
- Working with the support of 4 Pines’ Chief Brewer to manage beer production at our Keller Door barrel facility in Newport
- Working safely in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Daily blending, racking, bottling, quality control and cleaning operations.
- Coordinating raw materials supply and shipping of packed product.
- Continuous Improvement of our young barrel operation including implementation of ZX Quest brewing standards.
- Problem solving using good process and learned knowledge.
- Organisation and management of casuals for bottling days and general cellar work.
- General housekeeping – paperwork and maintaining a clean work environment.
- Working with customers and the 4 Pines hospitality and sales staff as an ambassador for our Keller Door Barreled beer range.
- Occasionally working outside the job description.
Skills and Abilities:
- Safe working practices.
- Ability to work independently with a team-orientated motivation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good attention to detail, time management and organisational skills.
- Self-motivated to learn and contribute to positive improvement.
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications.
- Ability to write and follow a Standard Operating Procedure.
- Ability to work as part of a broad and unified 4 Pines team including brewing, hospitality, sales, marketing, logistics staff.
- Commercial brewing experience, barrel knowledge highly regarded.
- A passion for brewing unique products.
- Formal brewing qualifications.
- Relevant safety training.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Close of application date is February 28, 2019.