Newstead brews beers out of two Brisbane locations and its beers can be found across the city and in plenty of spots around Queensland too.
But the brewery's story all began at a brewpub on Doggett Street, one that's focused on brewing a wide range of beers and serving food and fun times to all who walk through its doors. If you'd like to run it, they're after a new venue manager.
Job Description: Venue Manager
We’re on the hunt for a gun venue manager to join our team at Doggett Street.
Doggett Street is the birthplace of Newstead Brewing Co and a long standing institution of the Brisbane craft beer community. A busy, community brewpub, Doggett Street is a 150 pax brewpub that specializes in craft beer, wine, spirits and good food. The ideal candidate will oversee the day to day operations of the venue as well as planning events, forecasting, innovating and leading a small but dedicated team. The successful applicant will offer genuine, friendly service and embrace offering the Newstead experience to our customers. Current RMLV and Approved Managers licensed preferred.
Do you have the following attributes?
- Hands on attitude with enthusiasm and passion for the craft beer industry
- Ability to innovate and develop new ideas/strategies to improve our offering
- Leadership skills and ability to work alongside a small team
- Detailed knowledge and adherence to RSA, licensing and food safety requirements
- Ability to promote healthy staff culture and education
- Embracing the core values of Newstead Brewing Co
- Ensure a high standard of customer service and hospitality
- Strong understanding of craft beer, wine, spirits and good food
- Working with our head chef on menu development and food direction
- Stock control
- Understanding financials and cost control
- Coordinating and overseeing functions – Event planning and execution – Reporting to and working with the General Manager to achieve annual budgets and goals
This is a full time role. Applicants must be able to work days, nights and weekends as per their role commitments. We believe and insist on a healthy work-life balance and are flexible where reasonable.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Close of application date is February 17, 2019.