October 2 2012 by Crafty Pint
Wherever you turn in the beer world at the minute, there’s a good chance you could be confronted by a man in lederhosen, a woman in a dirndl, a pretzel the size of your head, a glass of Marzen bigger than your head or a band launching into round after round of “Ein Prosit”. But it’s not just Antipodean Oktoberfest shenanigans packing the Crafty Events Diary. Oh no, there’s a little bit of the other going on: BBQs, hop showcases, new brews and the like.
As ever, if anything below tickles your fancy, head here for full details. And if you’ve got something going on that you’d like posting, please send details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prost!
* It’s the final days of the Oktoberfest at Melbourne’s newest microbrewery, the 115 Grill & Brewhouse in Kew
* While Oktoberfest rolls on at The Monk in Freo, with new beers, prizes, special steins and the like
* It’s week two of Craft Beer Fortnight at Five Bar in Mount Lawley, WA
* And the Ok-to-beer-fest continues at Freo’s Sail & Anchor
* Sample the hops of the world at Melbourne’s Bar Fred
* Head to the award-winning Burleigh Brewing on the Gold Coast for their monthly Brewhouse Bash
* The first of what’s planned to be a series of touring national events comes to Adelaide with BBQ and beer lovers invited to attend the Redheads Gourmet BBQ Festival
* The 2nd Annual Brew Mountains Beer Festival comes to the Blue Mountains
* Otway Estate’s annual October beer festival becomes a weekend long affair – German-themed as ever with all that you’d expect that to entail and some newly brewed Prickly Moses beers to boot
* It’s time to join Moon Dog “Behind the Iron Curtain” as they star at the latest BeerFun event at Melbourne’s Belgian Beer Cafe
* Join the Women of Beer for their second brew day as they create a Biere de Garde at Matilda Bay and offer up some beer and food masterclasses
* The Redheads Gourmet BBQ Festival continues into a second day