Last week saw the 2020 Indie Beer Showcase postponed after restrictions on social gatherings were introduced. But as the Good Beer Week team puts it: "The show must go on...line."
Yes, they're taking the Showcase, or at least the Masterclass parts of it, online courtesy of Luke Robertson of Ale of a Time, who will be joined by a series of beer world guests for sessions streamed live on YouTube.
Anyone can join them and there are suggestions for the beers you might like to try to get your hands on to play along at home.
- Session One: Stomping Ground Brewery With Cassie O’Neill and Ashur Hall
Tasting Beers: Hop Stomper, Watermelon Smash
Friday, March 20, 7pm (AEDT)
- Session Two: Cellar Beer with Miro. Hosted by Good Beer Week co-founder Miro Bellini and IBA's Luke Robertson
Tasting Beers: Something from your cellar!
Friday, March 20, 8pm (AEDT)
- Session Three: Wolf of the Willows with Scotty McKinnon
Tasting Beers: XPA, IPA
Saturday, March 21, 2pm (AEDT)
- Session Four: Molly Rose with Nic Sandery
Tasting Beers: Peachy Skies (Farmhouse), Oh Honey, Honey (Saison de Miel)
Saturday, March 21, 3pm (AEDT)
- Session Five: Modus Operandi Brewing with Becky Centeno
Tasting Beers: Blueberry Imperial Sour, Silent Knight Porter
Saturday, March 21, 4pm (AEDT)
For more info, including a special offer from Wolf of the Willows, head to the Indie Beer Showcase website.
Please note: you will need a Youtube account to view the streams, as they are age restricted. Plus you need to be logged in to participate.