The content of this website – including documents and publications – is intended only to provide a summary and a general overview of matters of interest. We use our best endeavours to ensure accuracy and currency, within the limitations imposed by the resources of the organisation. No guarantee is, however, made. Specific situations often require specialist advice.
Agreement to Rules of User Conduct
This site allows for users to post comments on certain stories and articles. You agree to abide by The Crafty Pint’s Rules of User Conduct, including but not limited to, agreeing not to use this site for any unlawful purpose.
By posting information on this site, you agree that you will not upload, post, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content – including text, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information – that:
* is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), uses vulgar language in the submission of any text or otherwise violates The Crafty Pint's rules or policies or these Rules of User Conduct;
* victimises, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party;
* constitutes unauthorised or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (also known as “Spamming”), chain letters, any other form of unauthorised solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling;
* contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorised access to any data or other information of any third party; or
* You also agree that you will not harvest or collect information about the users or members of this site or use such information for the purpose of transmitting or facilitating transmission of unsolicited bulk electronic e-mail or communications.
* You further agree that you will not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from a minor (anyone under 18 yrs old). Personal information includes but is not limited to name, address, phone number or name of their school. The Crafty Pint does not pre-screen, monitor, or edit the content posted by users of this site. However, The Crafty Pint and its agents have the right at their sole discretion to remove any content that, in The Crafty Pint's judgment, does not comply with the Rules of User Conduct or is otherwise harmful, objectionable, or inaccurate. The Crafty Pint is not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such content.
The Crafty Pint Intellectual Property
The Crafty Pint owns the copyright in all the material on its websites except where indicated. You may only access the content for non-commercial or personal use unless you have prior written approval from The Crafty Pint. All other use, copying or reproduction is prohibited (except to the extent permitted by law).
Our website is linked to other websites over which we have no control. We make no representations about the accuracy or currency of the information on those websites, nor are we liable for their content.
The Crafty Pint publishes electronic addresses on its websites to facilitate communication in pursuit of The Crafty Pint's strategies and plans. It is not to be inferred as consent by The Crafty Pint or any addressee to receive unsolicited commercial electronic messages or spam.
You acknowledge and agree that all content and materials available on this site are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorised by The Crafty Pint, you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit, or create derivative works from such materials or content. Notwithstanding the above, you may print or download one copy of the materials or content on this site on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
User’s Grant of Limited License
By posting or submitting content to this site, you: grant The Crafty Pint the right to use, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed, and promote the content in any form, anywhere and for any purpose; and warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content and that public posting and use of your content by The Crafty Pint will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances shall The Crafty Pint be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages that result from the use of, or inability to use, this site or The Crafty Cabal. This limitation applies whether the alleged liability is based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or any other basis, even if The Crafty Pint has been advised of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, The Crafty Pint's liability in such jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, The Crafty Pint's liability in such jurisdictions shall be limited to the extent permitted by law.
Upon a request by The Crafty Pint, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless The Crafty Pint and its employees, contractors, officers, and directors from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorney’s fees, that arise from your use or misuse of this site. The Crafty Pint reserves the right, at it own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with The Crafty Pint in asserting any available defenses.
The Crafty Pint makes no representation that materials on its site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside Australia, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
The Crafty Pint reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to all or part of this site and The Crafty Cabal, with or without notice.
In general, the type of personal information The Crafty Pint collects and holds could include (but is not limited to) your email address and name.
The Crafty Pint uses personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected, which is to communicate with readers of The Crafty Pint, and for such other secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose.
The Crafty Pint will only disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if the disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act.
We do not wish to collect any personal information from anyone aged under 18 due to the content of the site. Where we find that a person is under 18, then we will immediately tell them not to provide any personal information to us.
We may change this policy to keep up to date with changes in legislation and best practice.