If the team behind The High Country Hop have put together arguably their best lineup of brewers and musicians for the main event on March 25, there's little doubt they've raised the game for the 2023 Technical Symposium too.
Taking place on the Friday before the beer festival, the headline might be a keynote speech from brewing icon Matt Brynildson of Firestone Walker but there's much more to get excited about for people working in and around the beer industry.
Matt will be presenting on behalf of the Hop Quality Group, who advocate on behalf of craft brewers for maintenance and improvement of hop quality, at the event sponsored by the Independent Brewers Association (IBA) and MC'd by The Crafty Pint team. Check out the full program below.
Tickets cost $95pp, which includes lunch and refreshments; there's a discount available for IBA members. Spaces will be extremely limited.
BUY TICKETS HERE
The 2023 Program
- 9am – Acknowledgement of Country & Welcome – James Smith (The Crafty Pint)
- 9.15am – State of the Industry – Kylie Lethbridge (IBA)
- 9.40am – The Past, Present & Future of Aussie Hops – Phil Rutjens & Simeon Bonetti (HPA)
- 10.15am – Hop Quality and Optimising Hop Impact: A Field To Glass Approach – Matt Brynildson (Firestone Walker)
- 11.15am – BREAK
- 11.30am – Establishing Brand & Keeping Your Head Above Water – Will Ziebell (The Crafty Pint) with panelists Jade McManus (Ryefield Hops), James Smith (The Crafty Pint), Derek Lacey (Bluestone Yeast), Ian Congdon (Woodstock Flour), Chris & Sam Greenwood (Organically Greenwood)
- 12.30pm – LUNCH
- 1.15pm – Got Pink Boots? – Tif Waldron (Pink Boots Society)
- 1.30pm – Sensory Session: Effects of Yeast Selection on Hop Expression – Kirrily Waldhorn (NZ Hops), Sam Bethune (Bintani), Kenzo Fukunaga (Fermentis)
- 2.30pm – Standing Out From The Crowd – Matt Vitale (Birchal)
- 3.15pm – Sustainable Much? – Topher Boehm (Wildflower) with Bruce Maynard (inventor of No Kill Cropping System), Matt Brynildson, Barry Morey (Sorrenberg), Ash Truscott (Certified Sustainable Aus)
- 4.30pm – Wrap Up & Open Bar