Forrest Brewing are located in a tiny and picturesque town in the heart of the Otway Ranges and welcome tourists and locals through their doors all year.
If running a venue in a stunning part of rural Victoria sounds like your dream job, Forrest want to hear from you.
JOB DESCRIPTION: VENUE MANAGER
Forrest Brewing Company is a small microbrewery, established in 2010. Located in the tiny town of Forrest, in South West Victoria. Population 180.
Every drop of Forrest, is brewed in Forrest. We brew four core beers, four seasonals and some occasional brewer’s choice taphouse only beers. We brew a range of styles, design to please the everyman or the hophead.
Our venue and brewery are a vibrant part of the town’s identity. We are well known and well regarded across the Great Ocean Road Region.
Forrest Brewing Co. is open 7-days a week, serving breakfast & lunch every day and dinner on Thurs, Friday and Saturday. We serve modern, seasonal, casual food, matched with craft beers. We are a hardworking, friendly, open team.
Forrest is 30 minutes from the Great Ocean Road., two hours from Melbourne, one hour from Geelong and 30 minutes to Lorne or Apollo Bay.
The Venue Manager is responsible for the day-to-day running of the venue and management of a small Front of House team to ensure we provide an authentic Forrest experience to all who visit our brewery. Providing direction, training and motivation across each service and each season is essential.
- 5 years’ senior experience in a similar role
- Passion for food & beer trends
- Demonstrated stability and length of tenure in previous positions
- Ability to multi task
- Active communicator
- Able to work efficiently in a busy environment
- Flexibility with your working week
- Embrace regional living
- Be a motivated, reliable, leader
LEAD, DEVELOP AND MANAGE ALL FOH ACTIVITIES INCLUDING
- Retail and tap beer sales, beer education and knowledge for FOH staff
- Food service, presentation and sales
- Restaurant bookings, group and tour activities, maximising table turn over and revenue opportunities
- On-premise and take away coffee & cake sales
EFFICIENT MANAGEMENT OF ALL FOH FACILITIES INCLUDING
- Ensure venue, FOH and back of house, provides a safe and clean working environment at all times
- Managing a daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedule
- Attend to any OHS hazards
- Attending to maintenance and repair requirements
- Ensure site and cash is secure at the end of all shifts
ROLL OUT / DELIVER SEASONAL MENU CHANGES INCLUDING
- Implementation on POS
- Menu presentation
- Staff training on menu items, dietary options and upsell opportunities
ORDERING, STOCK CONTROL AND STOCK ROTATION
- Manage beer, wine, FOH stock items to maintain min. par levels and avoid over ordering
- Check incoming orders against order book
- Recruiting, hiring and training new FOH staff as required
- Any FOH staff performance issues in accordance with the ‘Operations Manual’
- Staff presentation and appearance, including uniforms, aprons, hair, hats, jewellery, habits, etc
- Write weekly rosters, at least a month in advance n line with financial ratios
- Manage breaks and staff meal requirements in accordance with the daily roster
- Approve/deny leave requests in line with roster and seasonal requirements
- Manage busy / slow shifts in order to meet payroll budget and vol. requirements
- Arrange shift cover in the event of sick leave
- Liaise with Management Team (Owners – Head Chef) weekly / fortnightly regarding all operational, staffing, comms, sales and service issues
- Full time
- Hours include weekend work, evenings and public holidays
- Salary $60,000+ super and overtime, based on an average 38hr week
- Additional discretionary performance and retention bonus
- Immediate start, allowing for current employment notification
We have a number of roles available for the coming season including; full-time front of house roles, kitchen roles and casual positions. We welcome applications from your significant other or your beer best mate.
We’ll help you look for accommodation in Forrest or in a neighbouring town.
Send a cover letter and resume addressed to Sharon firstname.lastname@example.org.
Close of application date is October 30, 2019.