Blackman's are the reigning AIBA Champion Small Australian Brewery and now operate three venues in Torquay, Geelong and Ocean Grove.
They're after a beer lover to take up the venue manager role at their original brewery home in Torquay.
JOB DESCRIPTION: VENUE MANAGER (VIC)
At Blackman's Brewery our philosophy is this: we love good beer, it's really that simple. We make our beers with the best quality ingredients we can get our hands on and we give our beers the right amount of time in tank, we don't rush them through to meet deadlines. Our core range is made up of beers that cover a variety of flavours and styles, we want to make good beer for everyone.
Blackman's Brewery is an award-winning, independent brewery with a Tap Room & Pizza Bar in Torquay and a Beer Bar in Geelong. Our main goal is for every single person who walks through our doors to have a lot of fun.
We're now looking for an experienced hospitality superstar to lead our Torquay Team, and help us spread the good beer word.
Here are the qualities we’re looking for:
- Outstanding communication skills. You must be able to listen to and following instructions carefully, connect with and speak the Blackman's lingo and smile. Smiling is very important.
- Flexibility. You must be able to fit well within our team but get on with things on your own.
- Be seriously organised. Organisation is key when there's so much to do, you must be able to demonstrate that you can work across a range of projects all at once, in a deliberate manner.
- Commitment to the good beer cause and a love of good beer – we want you to become part of the Blackman’s family, the Blackman’s team as well as our amazing customers.
Here are the primary responsibilities of the role:
- Ensure a fun, relaxed and beer focused environment for our beloved customers to enjoy beer & food whilst promoting Blackman’s Brewery values.
- Motivate and lead staff, creating a professional yet fun workplace environment.
- Lead by example from the front, being ‘hands on’ in all areas of the venue
- All aspects of venue operations including rostering, managing emails, upholding Blackman’s standards, creating & executing promotional events, stocktake, ordering and growing the business.
- Ensure kitchen and food processes & standards are maintained.
- Run a clean and safe venue.
- Responsible for tills and safe reconciliation.
- Leading weekly team meetings and delivering weekly financial and operational reports.
- Achieve and deliver key performance indicators.
- Proficient in keg and cellar operations.
- Work with the head chef and brewers to deliver quality Blackman’s products.
- Ability to keep a calm head at all times and manage the venue, especially during extremely busy periods and during summer.
If you love beer, love providing exceptional hospitality and love life, then this one's got your name on it. Send us a cover letter, resume and your current favourite beer to email@example.com or better still, come in and see us.