Hemingway's Brewery is based in two beautiful locations in Far North Queensland: one in Cairns and the other in Port Douglas.
If you want to to help lead brewing operations in both sites, the team is hiring a lead brewer.
Job Description: Lead Brewer
Hemingway's Brewery consists of two breweries, one situated on the beautiful Marina in Port Douglas and the second larger brewery in Cairns features a 35HL DME brewhouse nestled inside the heritage listed cruise liner terminal building situated right on the waterfront. Hemingway's Brewery is the first of its kind in Far North Queensland and offers a relaxed vibe where you can enjoy handcrafted beers suited to the tropical climate and fresh local produce. Our bar experience provides a fantastic proving ground for our innovation program.
Our ambition is to bring locals and travellers together in fantastic locations to enjoy well crafted, high quality, freshly brewed beer. We intend to keep innovating and growing the business within Far North Queensland.
To achieve these bold ambitions Hemingway’s Brewery requires great people. For this reason we continue to build a highly qualified and capable team. We are now looking for another enthusiastic team member to lead the brewing operations. The right person will form an integral part of the brewing team responsible for brewing operations and quality across Port Douglas and Cairns, reporting directly to the CEO.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Well versed in scheduling, brewing, cellaring and packaging operations.
- Experience with recipe development; creating award winning beers.
- Able to manage raw materials, inventory control, scheduling and Hop contracts.
- Involved in Equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Ability to Coordinate operations and warehouse departments.
- Strong verbal communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Hands-on leadership skills for developing and training a team.
- Good understanding of quality assurance / quality control and problem solving skills and to troubleshoot any beer related issues.
- Ability to work with the Venue Managers & Sales to maintain supplier, vendor and industry relationships.
- Willing to participate in venue events, festivals and promotions to support the brand
- A team player who can actively support the Hemingway’s vision
- Someone able to share their beer knowledge and passion with our customers.
- Brewing Qualification ideally equivalent to at least IBD Diploma level
- Extensive brewing experience
- Management experience and ability to provide direction to employees
- A good understanding of Work Health & Safety
- Good computer skills and ability to complete administrative paperwork and reporting
Remuneration will be dependent on experience and skills and we are open to permanent employment or a contract arrangement. If you possess the above attributes please apply, detailing how you could contribute to the Hemingway’s Brewing team.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.