Newstead Brewing are one of Queensland's largest independent breweries and operate out of a brewpub in the suburb of Newstead and another in Milton.
If you want to join the brewery, they're hiring casual packaging line operators and a trainee brewer.
Newstead Brewing Co is Brisbane’s largest Independent Brewery with operations in Newstead and Milton. We are a 100% family owned award-winning brewery. The positions are based at our Milton site where we have a CODI canning line. We are a proud Brisbane company focussed on innovation, science, and creativity and we play a very active role in the Brisbane community in Arts, Sport and Education.
Job Description: Packaging Line Operators – Casual Position
These casual positions provide an excellent opportunity for individuals wanting to enter the brewing industry. The roles involve operating our CODI canning line as well as our COMAC keg washer/filler, with tasks including:
- Preparation of packaging material prior to pack days
- Ensuring equipment is operating effectively through the entire run
- Conducting product line quality control at all stages of the process
- Pack down and cleaning of the packaging equipment at the end of production runs
Applicants with previous brewery packaging experience will be well regarded but is not essential. A strong mechanical aptitude is essential as well as attention to detail and having strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills. A strong commitment to safety is critical. This role requires a good level of physical fitness to load cartons on pallets as well as regularly moving up and down stairs. Its desirable that candidates have a forklift licence, but not essential. Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Job Description: Trainee Brewer – Permanent Position
A position exists for a person to join our Brewing team working primarily at our Milton brewery. This position will involve working across all aspects of our brewing operations including:
- Wort Production on a 4 vessel 5,000L DME Brewhouse
- Cellaring tasks (dry hopping, centrifugation, beer sampling and analysis, cleaning tanks)
- Sensory Analysis
- Cleaning and maintaining a hygienic brewery
- Flexibility with working hours between 6:00 AM – 7:00 PM Monday to Friday
- Good communication skills and ability to operate in a small team
- Strong work ethic and the right attitude to get the job completed
- The right to work in Australia
- Current Forklift Licence
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current RSA Statement of Attainment
- Previous brewing experience and qualifications or the willingness to study towards a brewing qualification
To find out more about Newstead Brewing Co check us out at www.newsteadbrewing.com.au, on Facebook and Instagram.
Applicants can send their application to Luke Monks - Head Brewer at: email@example.com.
Close of application date is August 28, 2020.