Capital Brewing are among those Canberra businesses excited to be opening their doors to the public again.
They're also excited to be growing their team, with the brewery hiring a senior accountant.
Job Description: Senior Accountant
Capital Brewing Co is one of Australia’s fastest growing craft breweries that has been making award-winning Good Natured Brews from our Canberra brewery and taproom since mid 2017. We are dedicated to making good beer, being good to nature, and good for our community . Awarded Best Brewery Experience in Australia, our Taproom is the beating heart of our brand. We all love what we do, work hard, have a great deal of fun doing it.
We’re extremely proud of our workplace and our priority is to look after our team.
About the role
Do you love solving financial problems and working as a central member of a team? Are you a detail oriented person who’s quick and effective at completing tasks. Do you understand that accounting is a critical component of a well functioning business?
Then we want you to join the team at Capital Brewing Co!
The Senior Accountant role at Capital Brewing Co is all about:
- Connecting the various parts of the business together
- Providing regular, accurate and timely reporting and analysis directly to the managing directors and Board of Directors.
- Ensuring that data stored in the business's accounting package is of the highest integrity.
- Ensuring the business is always complying with accounting practices and legislative requirements
- Liaising directly with the company accountants and outsourced bookkeeping team to deliver the business’s financial requirements.
- Preparation and review of monthly P&L and Balance Sheets and management of the financial close processes including general ledger account reconciliations.
- Finance Team management including onboarding, mentoring and staff development.
- Oversight of bookkeepers work in relation to review and approval of Payroll including compliance with relevant awards.
- Weekly cash flow reporting, management and forecasting
- Preparation, supervision and lodgement of all statutory obligations including BAS, Payroll Tax returns, FBT, etc
- Developing internal controls and procedures to ensure the integrity of financial data.
- Assist with budget/forecast preparation.
- Attend and coordinate inventory stock takes in accordance with developed procedures (including the continual improvement of stock take processes).
- Identify and implement continual improvement initiatives related to current accounting processes and reporting.
- Other ad hoc financial duties as required by the business.
You are ready for the next step in your career, to manage a team of people and bring your skills into a fast growing company. You have strong personal motivation and are looking for a challenging and fulfilling career.
You are looking for 3 - 5 days of work per week from early January 2022, and intend to work 5 days a week within the next 12 months. You live in the Greater Sydney area and are looking for a flexible working arrangement where you will work 2 days in a Sydney CBD office and the remainder of your working week from home.
You are a qualified accountant, who holds a Bachelor’s Degree and has at least 5 years experience in a similar role.
You have experience working in a business environment, or are keen to transition out of a professional services role.
This sounds like me. How do I apply?
If you think you’re perfect for this role. Please do up a cover letter and send it over to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your resume.
We look forward to hearing from you.