BentSpoke beers have earned them plenty of awards and love from craft beer drinkers over the years.
If you'd like to help get that beer into the world, they're looking for a new packline operator.
Job Description: PACKLINE OPERATOR
BentSpoke Brewing Company is an award-winning independent craft brewery based in Canberra. Between our Braddon BrewPub and our Production facility known as The Cannery in Mitchell, BentSpoke produce a range of world-class craft beers and ciders.
Due to continued growth, we are seeking a proactive, reliable and motivated individual to join our production team based in Mitchell. The role is to start ASAP and is full time hours working a rotating roster from Monday to Saturday between the hours of 6am to 6pm.
Duties and responsibilities
This role will report to the Packline Team Leader and overseen by the Production and Head Brewer. The duties and responsibilities include:
- Liaise closely with the Packaging Team Leader to ensure that packaging outputs and quality is in-line with current goals and demand
- Lead, motivate and build effective team relationships as the packaging team grows.
- Ensure all relevant Standard Operating Procedures and Occupational Health and Safety procedures are strictly followed
- Ensure product quality and consistency
- Ensure packaging materials are available for production
- Maintain a high level of hygiene and sanitation across all packaging processes
- Perform breakdown checks in the event that a packline machine jams or fails in line with approved SOPS and training (provided)
- Carry out routine maintenance and repair across all packline machines in accordance with approved SOPS and provided training
- Undertake other roles as directed by the Packaging Team Leader, Production Brewer and Head Brewer
Skills and experience
Ideally, we are seeking someone with the following skills and experience:
- Manufacturing experience in medium/high volume FMCG environment, preferably in food and beverage
- Trade qualification or experience in welding, fitting/turning, electrical or mechanical or similar (desirable)
- High Risk work licence (Forklift operation) or ability to obtain one
- Full Driver's Licence required
- Passion for Craft Beer
- Proven time management and organisational skills
- Sound communication skills
Due to the inherent physical requirements of the role, all offers of employment will be subject to passing a pre-employment medical test.
- An attractive salary package and great work conditions!
- Great team environment!
- Brewery and packaging study benefits available!
If you want to take the adventurous route and bend a few rules, APPLY NOW!!! Send your application or any queries through to firstname.lastname@example.org!!