Bad Shepherd is a popular community hub that serves local beer and mouth-watering American BBQ.
Right now, they're hiring a venue manager while also looking to take on more part-time or casual venue staff.
Job Description: Venue Manager & Bar Staff
- Do you love a challenge?
- How about great craft beer and American BBQ?
- Love throwing an epic party? Making new friends/drinking buddies?
- Want to have fun, be dynamic, and join a growing team of like-minded individuals?
We are Bad Shepherd Brewing Co., a microbrewery and BBQ smokehouse restaurant located in the Bayside suburb of Cheltenham, Victoria. We're passionate about the simple things in life, like craft beer and comfort food.
To that end, we are seeking a Venue Manager to help lead our bar and restaurant service alongside our fantastic team. This role is 40 hours per week and applicants will be required to work days, nights and weekends.
You will be responsible for overseeing the front-of-house operations including training staff, maintaining records of stock levels and financial transactions, and ensuring staff follow our processes and liquor laws and regulations. An excellent understanding of financial reporting, proven ability to work to a budget, meet deadlines and KPIs is essential.
You will play a key role in creating a welcoming, friendly atmosphere and proactively engaging with customers to create an awareness and appreciation of craft beer.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following experience
- minimum five years relevant bar experience in a similar establishment
- demonstrated knowledge of liquor and food hygiene laws
- working with or an interest in craft beer
You are sociable and like working with people and enjoy delivering a pleasurable and memorable experience for customers. You will possess the following attributes:
- the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while keeping your cool
- a positive can-do attitude and work ethic
- great understanding of financial reporting
- ability to work lunch or evening shifts, including the weekends
- passion for craft beer and local community
- hold current RSA
- good interpersonal skills
- able to work quickly and efficiently
- good cash-handling skills
- communication and interpersonal skills
- attention to detail and customer-oriented
- organised and hard working
- problem solver
- courteous and polite
- proven leadership skills and a team player
- basic math skills
To be considered you must have the right to live and work in Australia.
We are also on the hunt for bar managers, shift leads, bar staff to join us in a part-time or casual capacity. So if you know your way around craft beer (or would be keen to learn) and/or have a passion for American BBQ and are looking for a new place to call home, we would love to chat!
We offer a fantastic team, supportive management, flexible working arrangements, training and upskilling opportunities, access to industry events, career progression, and lots of beer and great banter.
If any of these roles sound like a dream gig, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.