Big Shed is an independent brewery that's followed an impressive growth curve over the past decade-plus.
If you're a brewer with at least one year's experience who'd like to join them at their Royal Park home, they want to hear from you.
Job Description: Shift Brewer
Who is Big Shed?
We are a medium-sized, family-owned brewery located in Adelaide, SA. We have grown from humble beginnings in a small warehouse to an entirely purpose-built facility down the road. Big Shed is a well-established brand in SA and interstate and continues to grow in volume and reach. Our successes include GABS people’s choice winner in 2018, trophy winners at the RABCA in 2021 and AIBA in 2022, beers regularly in the hottest 100 and many medals from around the country.
We have fun and create all sorts of beers. Sometimes crazy, sometimes innovative, sometimes traditional, but always with a quality focus.
- Teamwork- We are a small team that needs to be adaptive and accountable to each other
- Autonomy- You will need to be able to work unsupervised
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude
- Safety-focused- Breweries are dangerous environments, and safety is essential to keeping our whole team healthy and happy
- Continuous improvement- We are always looking to improve and refine our beers and processes to be best in class
- Quality-focused- You will need to be 100% about quality with everything you do
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Wort production (Raw ingredients handling, brewhouse preparation and operation, data entry and CIP)
- Cellar operations (tank CIP, line preparation, yeast pitching, ferment management, dry hopping, beverage formulation, transfers and filtration)
- Bright beer preparation
- Develop, review and follow SOPs
- Inventory management and lot traceability
- Wastewater monitoring and management
- Recipe development input and pilot batch brewing
- Analysis of wort, ferments and bright beer throughout the entire process to ensure high product quality is maintained to consumer
- Assist in packaging where required.
- Record keeping and data input using Beer 30 software
- Stock counts and inventory quality checks
- Minimum 1-year brewing experience in a commercial brewery
- Packaging experience is desirable but not necessary
- Forklift license
- EWP license
- Formal brewing education is desirable but not essential
If you think you would be an excellent fit for our team and would love to come and have fun while making great beers, send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.