Dainton Beer don't really slow down, with the brewery frequently releasing new beers alongside their established core range.
If you'd like to be a part of their fast-paced environment, they want to hear from you.
Job Description: Cellar Hand / Canning Line Operator
Come join the award-winning brew team at Dainton Beer! We’re looking for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to help us in a cellar management and canning line operator role. There is plenty of room to grow and learn and we’d love someone who could hit the ground running.
Initially we need someone to operate our Cask canning line and to assist the brew team as a cellar hand, but overtime our intention is to provide training to support the successful candidate on their path to becoming a brewer.
Passionate beer lovers and team players with can-do attitudes are a must, as the successful applicant will be joining a family of experienced and excited brewers.
We’re looking forward to meeting you on the brew floor!
Brewer duties and responsibilities
- Cleaning and sanitising tanks, cleaning the outsides of vessels, cleaning floors, and maintaining the appearance of the brewhouse and cellar.
- Cellar management including yeast pitching, daily fermentation tracking and dry-hopping.
- Close adherence to all SOPs and safety procedures, as provided.
- Upholding and advancing our quality standards.
- Accurately completing all checklists.
- Being a promotional spokesperson for Dainton Beer. This is a part of everybody’s job description.
- Wort production on a 4-vessel 45HL brewhouse.
- Cleaning-in-place/Sanitation-in-place using corrosives/strong acids/bases.
- Basic cellar work, including transfers, filtering, fining, dry hopping, carbonating beer, and basic sensory.
- Basic packaging, including kegging and canning on a Cask system.
- Experience conducting basic laboratory work, including pH measurement, ABV, and extract measurement.
- Basic chemical hygiene and chemical handling.
Brewer requirements and qualifications
- A love for beer and an interest in how it is brewed.
- 1+ years of professional brewing or cellar experience.
- A high energy level and an attention to detail is needed. We have a great enthusiasm for what we are doing and are seeking a person who shares this.
- Ability to work both independently, and in a team environment.
- Experience with Ekos Brewing Management software preferred or other brewery management software.
If this sounds like you then please send your application to email@example.com.
Applications close June 14, 2023.