Hop Nation recently unveiled their new-look venue, with their Footscray home a vibrant hub with a diverse lineup of beers and delicious eats from Good Pizza.
If you'd like to run that space, they want to hear from you.
Job Description: Venue Manager
Position Type: Full Time, Thursday - Monday
Hop Nation Brewing Co. is an independently owned and operated craft brewery, founded and managed by Sam Hambour and Duncan Gibson. We have a diverse portfolio of beloved brands including Hop Nation Brewing Co., ‘Ray Hard Seltzer, and Site Wine, as well as a newly renovated taproom in Footscray. We take pride in crafting exceptional beers that celebrate our values of innovation, authenticity, quality, and the local community. Our taproom is a hub for beer enthusiasts, providing a welcoming space to enjoy our diverse range of brews, alongside an exceptional food offering through our partnership with Good Pizza.
We’re looking for a dynamic and experienced Venue Manager to lead our team and deliver exceptional customer experiences. This role will play a pivotal part in overseeing all aspects of the venue, including bar and floor operations, rostering, budget management, and ensuring top-notch food and drink service. A key leadership role within Hop Nation, you will report directly to the General Manager and collaborate closely with our Marketing Manager to drive visitation and revenue.
The position has great work/life balance with no late nights (venue opening hours are Thursday 3-9:30pm, Friday and Saturday 12-10pm, and Sunday 12-9pm). You’ll be expected to to work behind the bar and on the floor during the bulk of these times, especially during busy periods.
- Leadership and team management, fostering a positive and high-performing environment to deliver exceptional customer service
- Manage the booking system and respond to booking/venue enquiries
- Control wage costs and cost of goods in line with targets
- Point-of-sale and stock management
- Work closely with the kitchen team to ensure seamless coordination between food and beverage service.
- Collaboration with Marketing Manager to develop and execute strategies to drive visitation and revenue including promotional events, collaborations, and social media
- Management of our customer loyalty program - Hop Citizens
What We Offer
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Annual beer allowance.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative brewing company.
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment.
- Potential for growth and career advancement within the company.
How to Apply
If you're a passionate and driven individual with a background in venue management, we want to hear from you.To apply, send your CV + a short cover email outlining your relevant experience and why you would like to work for Hop Nation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hop Nation Brewing Co. values equal opportunity and enjoys a diverse and inclusive work environment. Applications are encouraged from those who live with a disability, identify as LGBTQI+, are of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, and people of all other cultural backgrounds.
We encourage all interested candidates to apply as soon as possible because we will review applications as they arrive and will invite suitable candidates to interview before the closing date.
Application Deadline: October 23, 2023.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.