Detour Beer Co sits in the heart of the Yarra Valley and forms part of a vibrant beer scene in the region.
If you'd like to head up brewing operations, they're looking to take on an experienced, high energy brewer.
JOB DESCRIPTION: HEAD BREWER
Detour Beer Co is an ambitious craft brewery based in Victoria’s Yarra Valley, 40 minutes from Melbourne’s CBD. We are seeking an experienced and high-energy brewer to lead our operation, which is capable of producing 170kL p.a on a 20hL brewhouse.
For a suitably experienced senior candidate, the remuneration package will be $80-90k p.a. plus car plus super.
We have an exciting brand and a peerless Taphouse in a beautiful location. Now we need a brewer who has done their time at solid breweries (big and/or small) and wants to make a significant mark on the craft beer world. We have the resources to back the right candidate all the way.
The successful brewer will have autonomy to drive beer styles in conjunction with our sales team, and be the lifeblood of production and (especially) the Detour Beer Co. brand. You will create a quality-focused culture, and have rigorous attention to detail and record keeping skills. You will be hands on, and be over all aspects of our production and sales. You will inspire our sales team and our Taphouse staff by your commitment to quality and your excellent communication skills.
With a major brewer about to build, adding another brewery to the Yarra Valley mix (which already includes us, Watts River, Hargreaves Hill, Public Brewery and Coldstream) – the region will have a strong claim to being a hub of premium beer production in Australia into the future. It is an exciting time to get on board.
We have been in the Yarra Valley for 70 years growing fruit and making good booze, and we aren’t going anywhere. Job security ++ here. The successful candidate could take the opportunity to live in the Yarra Valley, or commute from Melbourne.
- Brewing qualifications (serious ones, not out of a Weeties packet)
- Minimum 5 years in a commercial brewery environment
- Experience in managing a production schedule
- Experience in brewery management software, and QC systems
- Experience in establishing/operating a safe brewery environment and culture
- Valid Victorian Forklift license and Driver’s License
- Work ethic second to none
Not a deal breaker, but beneficial:
- Experience with accounting software in regards to brewing
- Experience in running a lean brewery, and minimizing costs whilst maintaining quality
- Experience managing 2-3 staff
- A mercantile approach to brewing – understand that beer sales pay your salary!
- Solid understanding of the world’s beer styles
- A wide network in the on and off premise trade
If this sounds like you please email your CV and a cover letter addressing the prerequisites above to the General Manager – Tim Shand at firstname.lastname@example.org.