Sydney's Wildflower may have only opened its doors last year but the brewery has quickly established itself as one of the most fascinating in Australia, releasing a steady stream of beers that draw the attention and admiration of the country's beer fanciers.
Melburnians eager to try a swathe of those beers in one place would do well to head to Carwyn Cellars on November 10 for an epic tap takeover.
and, for those who want to learn even more about the brewery's beers and try some extra rarities, the Thornbury haunt will also be hosting Wildflower's co-founder Topher Boehm for a Masterclass.
NB: The Masterclass was sold out but Carwyn has added FIVE more spots to go on sale at 9.30am on Nov 9 – link below.
What's on tap:
- Table Beer
- The International 'Oak fermented collaboration ale'
- Keen as Mustard ‘Five-grain oak fermented ale’
- As it Were ‘Hoppy barrel fermented mixed culture ale’
- Slip, Slop, Slap ‘Continuously hopped barrel fermented wild ale’
- Good as Gold Blend #2 ‘Blend of barrel aged Gold & fresh Gold’
- Solera Pull #1 ‘Wild ale from 2,400L foudre’
- Solera Pull #2 ‘Wild ale from 2,400L foudre’
- Gold Blend #14 ‘Australian wild ale’
- Gold Blend #15
- Gold Blend #16
- Amber Blend #14 ‘Australian wild ale’
- Amber Blend #15
- Amber Blend #16
- Waratah 2018 ‘100% NSW ingredients’
- Foudre Beer #1 ‘Mike Bennie collab. Spelt wild ale’
- St Florence 2018 ‘Wild ale refermented with Sauvignon Blanc grapes’
- St Phoebe 2018 ‘wild ale refermented with raspberries’
- Honey Gold ‘wild gold refermented with NSW Bulwarra bee honey’
- Noel 2018 ‘Pre-release muscat Barrel aged Biere de Noel’
The masterclass costs $60pp will run from 11.30am until 2pm and will see half the drinks poured from the above list and another half poured from bottles from Wildflower's cellars.
NB. Because of the masterclass the Carwyn backroom bar will be open to the public from 2.30pm.