Matso's home is in the idyllic Western Australian town of Broome, which has a permanently warm climate and pristine beaches that surround it.
If brewing beer in such a place sounds like your dream job then you're in luck: the team is hiring a head brewer.
JOB DESCRIPTION: HEAD BREWER
We gave the building a little bit of love during February, we bunkered down during Covid-19 and now we are ready for a cracking dry season up here in Broome!
Matso’s is looking for a Head Brewer to fit into our tight knit team in Broome and to brew our Brewery Exclusive beers for all our thirsty patrons, people looking for the dreary raincloud filled skies of the deep south need not apply.
Matso’s Broome Brewery is located in the wonderful Kimberley Region and the Brew Pub is owned and operated by the Peirson-Jones Family. The town of Broome is the gateway to the West Kimberley – so the job would suit someone who wants to work in place where you can pop to Kooljaman for the weekend or throw a fishing line in at James Price Point on a day off. Our setup is a steam powered 2 vessel, 12hL brewhouse.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure all tasks carried out within the brewery are performed in accordance to our workplace health and safety policy.
- Manage brew calendar to achieve scheduled production.
- Ensure delivery of forecasted volumes of beer in full, in specification and on time.
- Implement processes and procedures to improve the brewery and its practices.
- Maintain brewery production equipment to a high standard.
- Stock management of both our raw materials, draught and packaged products.
- Maintaining appropriate brew logs, recipes, lab results as required by various government bodies and other stakeholders.
- Running brewery tours a couple of days a week during peak season.
- The occasional media appearance or two.
- Train our front of house staff to handle and work with our beer.
- Warehouse management and logistics monitoring for a relatively small amount of stock.
Qualifications and Experience:
- IBD Diploma, preferred but not essential.
- Forklift ticket preferred.
- Valid driver’s license, manual preferred.
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Organised and able to meet demands of a busy production environment.
- Forward thinking approach to tasks.
- Mechanical aptitude.
In this role you will be able to work with autonomy whilst still working closely with the front and back of house staff at the Brew Pub.
Full-time located at 60 Hamersley St, Broome WA 6725.
Salary based on experience and qualifications.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.