Colonial Brewing's Margaret River home is where the brewery's story began and it remains an essential stop for many beer loves in WA's south-west.
If you're keen to keep smiles wide and stomachs full at the brewery, they like want to hear from you.
Job Description: Head Chef – Margaret River
Colonial Brewing Co is seeking a gun Head Chef to lead the kitchen in our south west brewery.
We are an independent craft brewery located in the Margaret River region. The venue is open for lunch service daily over summer with one dinner service a week (Friday). Typical work day is between 9am-6pm
The Head Chef role will suit someone with a sharp palate and the skillset to develop seasonal menus that pair with our core and project beers.
Recent investments on the hotside of the kitchen have created an opportunity to develop a menu incorporating fire & charcoal rotisserie components.
What we offer
A strong emphasis on work/life balance, Working alongside the legends in the Brew team to create an inspiring food and beverage menu. Creative input into the future food direction of the venue. An accommodation package may be available for the right candidate. Participate in an accredited Ciccerone program.
- Three years' experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating with suppliers
- Strong knowledge of cooking methods, kitchen equipment, and best practices.
- Teamwork-oriented with demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Experience in safe food practices and complying with food safety programs.
- Able to work under pressure while maintaining a consistently high-quality standard
- Available for immediate start
Reporting to the General Manager, your duties will include:
- Creating seasonal menu and specials with the input of your team.
- Creating and managing a roster for 5-10 kitchen crew
- Ordering stock, stock management and stocktaking
- Invoice management
Key KPIs include:
- Achieving Food GP and Wage targets
Experience with H&L is an advantage but not essential.
Please send a resume with complete work history and covering letter addressed the General Manager to Eamon.Clifford@ColonialBrewingCo.com.au.