Burleigh Barrels are a new Gold Coast brewery that makes spirits and American barbecue as big a focus as they do their beer.
If you'd like to run the venue, they want to hear from you.
Job Description: Venue Manager
Want to join the newest brewery in the heart of the Gold Coast? Burleigh Barrels Brewery is on the hunt for a fantastic new venue manager to join the team. Burleigh Barrels is a celebration of the Gold Coast’s good food, good surf and great beer. We are looking for someone outstanding to lead the team in the role as Venue Manager.
We are seeking an enthusiastic hospitality professional with prior venue management experience. Ideally, you will come from a brewery/bar background and will have a strong desire to share our love of great beer, food and good vibes with our customers.
You will be expected to work alongside our management team which includes our Head Brewer, Head Chef and Events Manager to ensure that the Burleigh Barrels ethos is upheld and the best venue experience is delivered to our customers. You will be responsible for coordinating daily venue management operations and it is imperative that you are a confident leader with great time management skills and are committed to nurturing relationships with your team.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
- Management of venue: including (but not limited to) cost control, labour management, P&Ls, marketing insight and activations, KPIs/targets.
- Driving a new venue with a lot of headroom for maximisation.
- Hands on and operational role working with a close-knit team of staff to develop, train, up-skill and work consistently to raise the bar on exceeding our guest experience.
- Instilling and fostering the Burleigh Barrels culture within the team.
- Liaising with kitchen to ensure consistent quality and presentation of meals.
- Ensuring presentation of venue is of the highest standard at all times.
- Ensuring staff and patron compliance with liquor licensing, council regulations, food safety, WHS, fair work and other relevant legislative instruments.
- Identifying and facilitating recruitment and training requirements.
- Team member rostering in line with forecasting and budgeting.
- Finding new and exciting ways to promote the venue.
- Arranging the purchasing of goods according to budget, maintaining records of stock levels and financial transactions.
- Leading and coaching a diverse team of people, ensuring that team culture is at the forefront of everything that you do.
- Being the face of the venue and brand ambassador.
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrated leadership qualities with the ability to motivate and train a team of staff within a busy hospitality venue.
- Extensive knowledge of and passion for the independent drinks markets and a commitment to ongoing learning about the wide and revolving range of beers that our brewing team produces.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving and leadership.
- Ability to work autonomously with direction and guidance from the owners.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Genuine desire to build a connection with the local Burleigh community.
- At least two years of previous experience in people management and implementation/oversight of high volume venue operations.
- A friendly, positive and approachable attitude which creates a stand-out experience that celebrates great food, great beer, and great service.
- Current QLD RSA.
- Approved manager (liquor license).
- Must have unrestricted Australian work rights.
If you think you’d be great for this role, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.