UPDATE (7/11): THIS ROLE IS NOW FILLED
King Road Brewing have built a reputation as one of WA's finest, with several trophy-winning beers in their lineup.
If you're keen to learn from one of the best, they've got a spot for a trainee at their bucolic home south of Perth.
JOB DESCRIPTION: TRAINEE BREWER
King Road Brewing Co is a family owned and operated business that just continues to grow. We produce all of our cider and beer on our rural site in Oldbury – just 35 mins south of Perth CBD. We have a 15hl 2 vessel brewhouse that was commissioned in 2019, and have just commissioned a canning line. To support the continued growth, we are looking to add a trainee brewer to the team.
Tasks will include:
- Cellaring duties including tank CIP, keg cleaning and filling, dry hopping, filtration
- All aspects of packaging
- Lab duties
- Wort production
- Apple pressing and cider production
- Record keeping for all cellaring and wort production duties
- Maintaining beer line and taps in our bars
- Keg deliveries
- Represent the brewery at festivals and events
- Some weekend work may be required on occasion
We are looking for someone with:
- A positive and motivated attitude
- Passion for producing quality and consistent beer
- High attention to detail
- Able to perform manual labour and handle kegs and bags of malt
- Team player
- Available to work occasional weekends
- Driver's licence and own transport is essential
The following attributes will be highly regarded:
- Experience in a commercial brewery
- Formal brewing qualifications
- Forklift licence
Full training will be provided to the successful candidate. Prior commercial brewing experience is not essential.
A forklift licence will be required for the role and will need to be obtained if not already qualified.