B.O.B is a new brewery that's set to open in Surfers Paradise in September, joining the Gold Coast's growing local beer scene.
If you want to help shape the brewery's beers from its earliest days, the team is hiring a head brewer.
Job Description: Head Brewer
B.O.B Microbrewery is an all new 10BBL brewhouse that is being constructed in the heart of Surfers Paradise. We will be ready for operations in September 2019 and we are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic craft brewer to lead our production team and support our future growth.
The Head Brewer would be responsible for developing and brewing a range of 6 high quality craft beers as a core range, as well as recipe development for 2 new seasonal beers monthly. This is a hands on role and includes responsibility for brewing, kegging, quality control and safety in the brewery. Above all else, this role requires a passion for craft beer and the ability to lead and work effectively within a team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a list of duties and responsibilities of the Head Brewer; but not limited to:
- Manage a team in brewing, cellaring and packaging, and carryout all manufacturing and other operations at the brewery
- Oversee and align brewing and packaging schedules to meet targets
- Operate brewing equipment and related control systems
- Ensure safety and quality standards are maintained as well as inventory management
- Employ proper operating, cleaning, and preventative maintenance procedures as well as ensuring standard operating procedures are up to date
- Maintain a flexible schedule including the ability to work evenings and weekends
- Assist in training and support of all brewery staff
- Prepare production, monthly inventory and quality assurance reports
- Ensure brewery is compliant with all Queensland/Australian Safe Labour practices and other legal requirements as well as all production reportings and filings
- Promote the B.O.B Microbrewery and beers both within and outside the brewery
- Other duties as required
- Certificate/Degree in Brewing/Microbiology, related subject or recognized brewing qualification
- Minimum of 5 years Brewing and management experience in the industry
- Trained and experienced in recipe formulation, brewing and cellaring
- A thorough understanding of effective quality management systems
- Experience in developing and scaling beer recipes and basic laboratory skills including a good understanding of chemistry and yeast metabolism
- Mechanical aptitude to provide general brewery equipment troubleshooting
- Ability to follow operating procedures while carefully documenting and maintaining records
- Ability to multitask and a flexible work schedule
- Hands-on mentality, a willingness to coach team members and excellent customer service skills