You might want to break out the stretchy pants or punch an extra notch in your belt for this one because Hawkers and The Franklin Hotel are pulling out all the stops to get good beer in you in as many ways as possible. And for good measure they'll be launching Hawkers' 2017 Barrel Aged Imperial Stouts too.
On July 26 the chefs will be cooking up a lavish four course, multi dish feast with beer being incorporated into just about everything that's being served up. Here's the menu to prove it:
- Pacific oysters and IPA sabayon gratin
- Pale Ale tempura chicken skewer and wasabi hop mayo
- Beetroot cured salmon, apple & cucumber salad and Hawkers lavosh
- Black beer quail, ginger soy and Chinese greens
- Imperial stout & venison pie, truffled pea puree and red wine jus
- Fried potato skins, Hawkers beerchamel and garlic chives
- Winter green salad with IPA citrus dressing
- Steven Ter Horst chocolate cake, salted caramle & stout sauce and boozy cream
- Chocolate mousse, banana fritters, stout syrup and freeze dried raspberries
As for the beer that will accompany the above, you'll get the core Hawkers range throughout each course and before closing the evening with each of the new barrel aged beers. You'll also have founder Mazen and head brewer Justin on hand to talk about everything that's gone into the beers that have subsequently gone into you.
Tickets are just $60 and bookings are essential. You can do so by phoning (08) 8410 0036.