Victoria's High Country is one of Australia's major hop-growing regions and, each year, Bridge Road Brewers throws a festival during hop harvest.
In 2019, High Country Hops sees the Beechworth brewery team up with seven other breweries from the region for a two-day celebration of hops, beer, food and live music.
The weekend also features the launch of Bridge Road's Harvest and Dark Harvest beers, the two longest continually-produced fresh hop beers in the country.
You can find more details on the 2019 festival here.
Entry is free, but anyone wanting to sample the beers will need to purchase a limited edition tasting glass; they cost $25 and get attendees a 100ml taster from every one of the breweries.
They're also setting up glamping village in the centre of Beechworth’s historic precinct – book accommodation there via this link.
Win A Glamping Weekend!
How do you fancy spending the weekend in the town's glamping village with a mate in a package worth $525? We've got an awesome prize up for grabs, but you need to enter before 8pm on March 27.
The prize pack features:
- Premium bell tent accommodation valued at $525 for two nights.
- A weekend tasting pass & Craftd festival glass - which gives you tastings from each of the nine showcasing breweries at the festival.
- A welcome pack including a fresh hop beer straight off the bottling line, Bridge Road Brewers merch & an itinerary for your time in Beechworth.
- A greeting to town and the glamp site from local historians (dressed in period costume) who’ll outline the historical significance of beer to Beechworth and its importance in day to day life in the Goldfields.
- Private brewery tour & tasting with Bridge Road Brewers staff.
Accommodation is for March 29 & 30, with check in from 3pm to 7pm on Friday.