The Pint of Origin - The Crafty Pint's corner of Brewsvegas - is back for its third year.
It’s there to showcase the best beers from Australia and the rest of the world, with bars and pubs across Brisbane welcoming scores of brewers through their doors too.
As well as weeklong tap takeovers, venues are celebrating with a bunch of pop-up events and here's what's on the agenda for Thursday, March 21.
- Newstead Brewing Doggett Street. (S)Ale of the Century. Ever wanted to be in a live audience for one of the greatest gameshows that no one's ever heard of? Well, this is your chance. Newstead Brewing Co Doggett St is hosting a live taping of the gameshow "(S)Ale Of The Century" - the gameshow where four breweries play for the opportunity to win the (figurative) buyout of a lifetime.
- Tippler's Tap Southbank. IPA Masterclass. The simple IPA has changed. There’s a veritable rainbow of IPAs available to us today - what was the origin of each and where are hops heading now? Hosted by Tippler's own Ben Batchelor, the brewers of Fixation, Modus Operandi & Sauce Brewing will be leading a small pack of us (with IPAs in hand) through the changes in IPAs.
- Tippler's Tap Fortitude Valley. The 'Burbs' Beermuda Triangle. Such has been the rapid growth of Brisbane's breweries that it's easy to comfortably visit many in one day. Ballistic, Helios and Slipstream have locked down a great patch of craft beer watering holes for those of Brisbane's South-side. Tippler's have got the all together in one spot.
- Netherworld. Attack of the Hop Monsters. Netherworld is teaming up with Canberra's BentSpoke Brewing for a celebration of hops by tapping a monstrous lineup of their IPAs, pinball, hop cocktails and hop-spiked food.
- Brewski. Battle of the Barrel III. Brewski's night of nights is back for it's third edition and the bar has scoured America for the best of the US to pit against the best of Boatrocker. Expect barrel aged stouts and sours - and some big chunks of cracking cheese for good measure.