A few months back, Garage Project hosted the first ever H?pi Festival and Symposium, an event dedicated to showcasing hop-forward beers from some of Garage Project's brewing mates from across the world.
While in town, the New Zealand brewery also worked on the H?pi Sessions series; four collaboration brews with different breweries showcasing a different hop-forward interpretation of each of the brewery’ beers, all using hops from Freestyle Hop Farm.
Sydney's Bitter Phew managed to get its hands on those beers and will be showcasing them – plus a bunch of other Garage Project releases – on June 13.
On the night, the team will also be pouring some Garage Project wines in their new sibling venue Phew, which is located right below Bitter Phew.
- Garage Project & Other Half Brewing Company - No Dreams Til Brooklyn. A hazy ‘oat cream’ IPA balancing lactose sweetness with a massive burst of US Citra, and harvest fresh Nelson Sauvin from Freestyle Hop farm.
- Garage Project and Trillium Brewing Company - Aro Street Hazy IPA . Boston heavy hitters Trillium join to create Aro Street - a big, juicy, hazy East Coast classic with a kiwi twist, creating a tropical fruit burst with specially selected US Mosaic, and harvest fresh Motueka from Freestyle Hop farm.
- Garage Project and Three Weavers Brewing Company - Zeppelin Bend West Coast IPA. A bright & clean ‘new wave’ West Coast IPA, bursting with a combination of us experimental, and harvest fresh New Zealand Rakau & Nelson Sauvin from Freestyle Hop farm.
- Garage Project and Firestone Walker Brewing - Riwaka Express Hoppy Pilsner. California’s famous Firestone Walker came to town to create Riwaka Express - a hoppy Kiwi take on the classic pilsner style; crisp, clean, and zesty, brewed with German malts and showcasing harvest fresh Riwaka from Freestyle Hop farm.
Other beers on tap:
- Garage Project and The Veil Brewing - Fresh May [NEIPA w/ Citra, Galaxy, Motueka, Nelson Sauvin]
- Fresh IPA [NEIPA with experimental US hop 'Strata']
- Party and Bullshit [NEIPA w/ Mosaic and Simcoe]
- Petit Mort [Blonde Farmhouse Ale with Wai-ti]
- White Mischief [ Salted White Peach Gose]
- Thor's Cup [Farmhouse ale w/ Kveik and Juniper Branches] *Only Keg in NSW*
- Hellbender [American Barleywine]
- Bliss Lager [Motueka Hopped Lager]
- Cereal Milk Stout [Nitro Milk Stout with corn flakes]